Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #101
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I may agree with him, but that doesn't mean I think it's OK for him to ignore all of the woman's claims.

I pay his salary, therefore I expect him to do what he's supposed to do.....which is enforcing the law and investigating citizen's concerns. I don't pay him to spend an hour writing a cute letter.
You don't pay him anyway, the residents of Jefferson County Missouri do. They also elected him to do the job. If those residents don't like the job he is doing I would imagine they could try to have him impeached. If that doesn't work the residents can choose to vote for someone else in the next election. As I said in my earlier post, I suspect Boyer is not too concerned.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:18 PM   #102
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

The thing is, he never ignored her claims. He forwarded her complaint to the proper people. He says so in his letter. He just so happened to tactfully tell her to fuck off at the same time.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #103
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
You don't pay him anyway, the residents of Jefferson County Missouri do. They also elected him to do the job. If those residents don't like the job he is doing I would imagine they could try to have him impeached. If that doesn't work the residents can choose to vote for someone else in the next election. As I said in my earlier post, I suspect Boyer is not too concerned.
Whether or not he is concerned and whether or not he's doing a good job are two different topics.

I don't base someone's job performance on what "the majority" thinks. The "majority" are sheep, IMO, and are easily impressed by patriotic letters like his. In fact I suspect many people are afraid to critique it for fear of being called unpatriotic.

As I said before, this woman is a stupid old hag, but at the same time, I'm not impressed by the sheriff's letter. Whoop-de do, he talked alot of game about patriotism and the military's sacrifices -- anyone could have done that. It was well-written, but I'm not going to pat him on the back for it. If he sits around writing a lot of those, people in his jurisdiction should start questioning his use of time, IMO.

Last edited by Homeslice; 09-11-2009 at 06:57 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #104
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
I'm not going to pat him on the back for it.
That is because you are a nazi, you commie bastard
Old 09-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #105
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Whether or not he is concerned and whether or not he's doing a good job are two different topics.

I don't base someone's job performance on what "the majority" thinks. The "majority" are sheep, IMO, and are easily impressed by patriotic letters like his. In fact I suspect many people are afraid to critique it for fear of being called unpatriotic.

As I said before, this woman is a stupid old hag, but at the same time, I'm not impressed by the sheriff's letter. Whoop-de do, he talked alot of game about patriotism and the military's sacrifices -- anyone could have done that. It was well-written, but I'm not going to pat him on the back for it. If he sits around writing a lot of those, people in his jurisdiction should start questioning his use of time, IMO.
Ultimately the basis for an elected official's job performance is what "the majority" of those who vote think as long as the official doesn't do anything to place it outside their purview (anything illegal, etc.). If the majority of voters in his county agree with you Boyer better get his resume ready. If they disagree with you he stays. You can't get much more of a direct measure of perceived job performance than that.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #106
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Ultimately the basis for an elected official's job performance is what "the majority" of those who vote think as long as the official doesn't do anything to place it outside their purview (anything illegal, etc.). If the majority of voters in his county agree with you Boyer better get his resume ready. If they disagree with you he stays. You can't get much more of a direct measure of perceived job performance than that.
Or just "I like his personality"

Again, most voters = sheep and don't make any attempt to judge job performance
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #107
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Everybody is a sheep but you?

You sound like a unique snowflake. You're not exactly the same as any of the rest. But don't kid yourself, you're still a snowflake.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #108
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I hate funeral processions more than anyone. Why should my life stop because someone else's life has stopped? And I don't give a shit about their family or their feelings. But I do make an exception for a soldier.

I don't have a problem with the police stopping cars at red lights to let the cars flow through. I just don't feel I should have to stop on a two lane road if I'm headed in the other direction or if on a 4 lane road to be prohibited from passing the funeral. People have died and been seriously injured because of funeral processions
Old 09-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #109
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Or just "I like his personality"

Again, most voters = sheep and don't make any attempt to judge job performance
Or their mix of requirements for satisfactory job performance may be different than yours. It doesn't really matter since the voters in that county are the one tasked with the decision and determining what criteria will be used.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:15 PM   #110
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Everybody is a sheep but you?

You sound like a unique snowflake. You're not exactly the same as any of the rest. But don't kid yourself, you're still a snowflake.

Priceless, I love that...

While she may have had a valid complaint, she should have stated :" I was respecting the funeral possession and was harassed and verbally assaulted by bikers in a funeral procession".

Based on how she stated her case, Im going with the sheriff.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote