Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #101
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
So I talked to the lawyer again to float an idea I had. I called my insurance company and I reported it, they are going to send me to an adjuster to get an estimate. Depending on what he values the damage at vs what I priced out I will either go through the insurance company or withdraw the insurance claim and go through the courts.

If I go through the courts I am going to sue for parts from the dealership, plus any costs associated with the whole deal, including the fee to get it out of impound (lawyer said that one is hot or miss depends on the judge), tolls, gas, time, court fees, and the condom I will use when I rape him over the coals. There are still some things up in the air, and there is also the possibilty that the bike will be totaled by the adjuster which could suck.
theres always buy back
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #102
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

But then the question is how much for the buy back, and repairs?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #103
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

You guys got hosed. Surely there is a greasy NY lawyer you can turn this BS over to. Buttfuck that Ahole tow truck service to bankruptcy.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:19 AM   #104
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
So I talked to the lawyer again to float an idea I had. I called my insurance company and I reported it, they are going to send me to an adjuster to get an estimate. Depending on what he values the damage at vs what I priced out I will either go through the insurance company or withdraw the insurance claim and go through the courts.

If I go through the courts I am going to sue for parts from the dealership, plus any costs associated with the whole deal, including the fee to get it out of impound (lawyer said that one is hot or miss depends on the judge), tolls, gas, time, court fees, and the condom I will use when I rape him over the coals. There are still some things up in the air, and there is also the possibilty that the bike will be totaled by the adjuster which could suck.
Gtiven the age of the bike and the damage thats a possibility, als get a couple of estimates from a shop or 2 for the total repair costs plus labor. between the 2 "accidents" where the futura got knocked over I got about 6k back and prolly sunk 2500 back into the bike

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #105
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Gtiven the age of the bike and the damage thats a possibility, als get a couple of estimates from a shop or 2 for the total repair costs plus labor. between the 2 "accidents" where the futura got knocked over I got about 6k back and prolly sunk 2500 back into the bike

Tom

Exactly! This is a no lose situation for you! If they total the bike, they'll cut you a check for retail minus the buy back, which will be anywhere from $100-1000 depending on your insurance company and what the salvage yards pay for bikes in your area. Example; My '01 GSXR1000 was totaled in '03 and my buy back was $150 (no bs). My '06 was totaled last year, the ins co paid $8700 (approx. $1500 less than new) and my buy back was $1200. In both cases it cost MAYBE $3000 to get the bikes back to good! You cannot lose.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #106
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Exactly! This is a no lose situation for you! If they total the bike, they'll cut you a check for retail minus the buy back, which will be anywhere from $100-1000 depending on your insurance company and what the salvage yards pay for bikes in your area. Example; My '01 GSXR1000 was totaled in '03 and my buy back was $150 (no bs). My '06 was totaled last year, the ins co paid $8700 (approx. $1500 less than new) and my buy back was $1200. In both cases it cost MAYBE $3000 to get the bikes back to good! You cannot lose.
Only problem with that is getting it street legal, In NY its a major PITA to get a bike streetable with a salvage title, I think NJ may be kinda bad too, but its def something to look into.

Tom
Old 07-01-2009, 08:40 AM   #107
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

in NJ you have to submit to a special inspection where they o over the bike with a fine tooth comb and look at every thing
Old 07-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #108
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
in NJ you have to submit to a special inspection where they o over the bike with a fine tooth comb and look at every thing
Same in NY. I had heard its not as bad in other states. here those bikes usualy become good track bikes.

Tom
Old 07-01-2009, 08:59 AM   #109
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Same thing in NC but you would go over the bike after the repair anyway, right? Oh and your bike isn't all that damaged, bro. Seriously, a body kit, some bondo and paint.... Hell, your bike could pass that inspection right now most likely. In any case, if they total it they'll cut you a check for $3500+ and you can get a new bike.

Like...http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mcy/1248326389.html

or,

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/mcy/1247982055.html

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/mcy/1247985350.html

Here's Gasman's old bike....

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/mcy/1247818486.html

I'm mostly fucking with you but in all seriousness, if you keep your mind open to all of the possibilities, I don't see how you can lose!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #110
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Same thing in NC but you would go over the bike after the repair anyway, right? Oh and your bike isn't all that damaged, bro. Seriously, a body kit, some bondo and paint.... Hell, your bike could pass that inspection right now most likely. In any case, if they total it they'll cut you a check for $3500+ and you can get a new bike.

Like...http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mcy/1248326389.html

or,

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/mcy/1247982055.html

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/mcy/1247985350.html

Here's Gasman's old bike....

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/mcy/1247818486.html

I'm mostly fucking with you but in all seriousness, if you keep your mind open to all of the possibilities, I don't see how you can lose!
I would love to get my hands on that 97 TL. A friend of mine was going to go look at it as well but never got around to it.

Tom