all my cars fit in the garage 17 42.50%
1 of my cars fit in the garage 7 17.50%
WTF is a garage 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #91
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

It's not major cities I have seen do it, more like the rich suburbs of the cities to keep low income out. And get rid of the low income that was there before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #92
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It's not major cities I have seen do it, more like the rich suburbs of the cities to keep low income out. And get rid of the low income that was there before.
Inflated housing costs and high property tax does a good job of that as well.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #93
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
A lot of low to middle class areas around here have various "Weed Ordnances" and nuisance laws about letting your yards look like unkept fields.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #94
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
A lot of low to middle class areas around here have various "Weed Ordnances" and nuisance laws about letting your yards look like unkept fields.
And parking cars in them..
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #95
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
And parking cars in them..
That too.......
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #96
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

My old house had a 1 car garage that held our outside junk. The driveway had 2-3 cars depending on the day and the street held the other 1 or 2 depending on the day. Our streets were double wide to accommodate for that though. Many driveways in the area are very small. The current place sucks and only has a car port..

I don't remember about ordinances very much, but I believe we had to keep everything somewhat maintained. Not like it mattered we all loved doing outside shit.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #97
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

all of my vehicles sleep in the garage.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #98
seDUCtive
Trailer Queen

Moto: Ducati 848

I guess I am the odd person out. I feel like your garages are for your cars first and foremost. That is why they are called garages and not a 2 or three stall storage place. I have neighbors that have three car garages and don't have ANY cars (or bikes) in them...I think it makes a neighborhood look messy and tacky to have cars in the street and in all the driveways. Now don't get me wrong, I understand the need, however the neighborhood would look like crap if EVERYONE did it. If you don't like the look of a well kept neighborhood, then it sounds like country living is for you! That is one of the perks of living off by yourself. However, if you choose to live in a neighborhood you should do what you can to keep it looking neat and tidy. Sorta like when you live in a condo you don't blare your music or stomp your feet when you are on the second floor. It may be "your" house but you still live in a community. It is a respect issue.

I am sure I have called the flaming with this one.. . LOL
seDUCtive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #99
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

here be the garage

and the house

TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #100
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by seDUCtive View Post
I guess I am the odd person out. I feel like your garages are for your cars first and foremost. That is why they are called garages and not a 2 or three stall storage place. I have neighbors that have three car garages and don't have ANY cars (or bikes) in them...I think it makes a neighborhood look messy and tacky to have cars in the street and in all the driveways. Now don't get me wrong, I understand the need, however the neighborhood would look like crap if EVERYONE did it. If you don't like the look of a well kept neighborhood, then it sounds like country living is for you! That is one of the perks of living off by yourself. However, if you choose to live in a neighborhood you should do what you can to keep it looking neat and tidy. Sorta like when you live in a condo you don't blare your music or stomp your feet when you are on the second floor. It may be "your" house but you still live in a community. It is a respect issue.

I am sure I have called the flaming with this one.. . LOL
In a way, I respect what you're saying. However, in the real world it's just not acceptable. Like in the case with my old place. 4 cars do not fit in a 1 car garage, not all driveways can fit a full family's arsenal of cars or bikes what have you, and sometimes everyone has to do it. Older houses don't have 3 car garages, cramped neighborhoods have very short driveways for the most part and when you have a decent size family it no longer becomes fun playing musical chairs with cars and the driveway being the game. I guess what I'm saying is sometimes there just isn't room.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote