Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #91
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
You could always get a cat and train it to shit on the soccer ball.
I'd rather get a cat and train it to urinate on the kids. Or maybe train the skunk, that's in the neighbourhood because one of these families leaves their recycling out in the back yard, to spray them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Do something equally as aggravating. When the kids decide to "put one over on me" and play right on the property line while yelling and screaming, I start the leaf blower and stand in one spot with it howling. I make sure they know I'm not blowing leaves.

When the neighbour across the street used to sit on his front porch beating a drum repeatedly just to make noise, I'd take out the dirtbike. Point the exhaust at his house and fire it up. When he'd go back in the house, I'd shut off the bike and put it away.

One time he went in and cranked the music after one of our encounters, so I took my buddy's bike out of the shed. Parked it next to mine and fired it up. He had two 450 MX bikes thumping his way, and the problem went away.

You don't HAVE to be childish. But, it really is the best solution some time.
I've actually got the law on my side, because we have a noise bylaw in this town that has no specific applicable hours. The police have already said that they'll come out, to enforce it. Yes, it's bad enough that I've talked to the cops.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #92
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I'd rather get a cat and train it to urinate on the kids. Or maybe train the skunk, that's in the neighbourhood because one of these families leaves their recycling out in the back yard, to spray them.

I've actually got the law on my side, because we have a noise bylaw in this town that has no specific applicable hours. The police have already said that they'll come out, to enforce it. Yes, it's bad enough that I've talked to the cops.
We were going that route with the kids at one point. I was going to phone the police and tell them that there were people on my property who had threatened the life of my animals and myself. It was technically true, I was just going to leave out that they were early teens with no means of carrying out their threats. I was just tired of dealing with it. Now that I'm going the spiteful route, it's a lot more fun. I'm not going to say I'm disappointed that they've stopped bothering us, but where else can you be an asshole and not feel the slightest bit of guilt??
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #93
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
We were going that route with the kids at one point. I was going to phone the police and tell them that there were people on my property who had threatened the life of my animals and myself. It was technically true, I was just going to leave out that they were early teens with no means of carrying out their threats. I was just tired of dealing with it. Now that I'm going the spiteful route, it's a lot more fun. I'm not going to say I'm disappointed that they've stopped bothering us, but where else can you be an asshole and not feel the slightest bit of guilt??
I might even have done that, if I hadn't already contacted property management. Their comment, when I said that after all of these years I wasn't going to get pushed out of my home by these assholes was, "Oh, they'll be the ones leaving, not you." I don't exactly have much faith in that, based on how poorly they've vetted recent tenants in order to not have vacant units, but it's a moral thing with me.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #94
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Animal control won't do anything since they're not strays. They won't enforce the by-law because I can't tell them who owns the cats.
Yet, I get ripped a new one for throwing a frisbee to my border collie in a giant open field away from anybody.

They're cats. Best thing to do is grab a shotgun and pretend you are in a zombie movie. Or get a pitbull and send them to Michael Vick's dog training academy.

I like the possum idea.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #95
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

I've let the dogs at them a couple times now. They've had one treed that I nudged down with a broom and swatted after I called the dogs off. And they surprised another who did about 15 ninja back flips to get away and ended up between the two of them. He hid under my car. I called the dogs off and gave him the hose. That and putting down blended chili peppers where they have shit, and I haven't seen one around in 4-5 days.

The dogs wouldn't hurt them by the way. They're just chasing the running thing...
Old 09-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #96
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Sorry if a repost but another way to deal with cats
http://gawker.com/5828374/man-has-se...-it-out-window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #97
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Sorry if a repost but another way to deal with cats
http://gawker.com/5828374/man-has-se...-it-out-window
I'll definitely consider this if they come back. Thanks pauldun.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #98
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

No, nothing here will work. What needs to be done is to get a snare trap, then when you catch it shave it, rub lotion on it, stick a small wooden stick in its ass,tie a note on the stock that says to keep the cats off your property. Then let it go.
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #99
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
No, nothing here will work. What needs to be done is to get a snare trap, then when you catch it shave it, rub lotion on it, stick a small wooden stick in its ass,tie a note on the stock that says to keep the cats off your property. Then let it go.
I really like pauldun's idea.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:16 AM   #100
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Ok, so we're clear then. Pauldun's plan for the Cats, 101's plan for the kids.
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote