Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #91
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Have to invite AMJ then, to turn that shit into wine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #92
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Keep it up. The fridge will be filled with water.
Then shit will be broken thats I can guarantee
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #93
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Then shit will be broken thats I can guarantee
Watch your step, young man.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #94
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Watch your step, young man.
you male threats like that and you tell ME to watch my step,now thats a hoot
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #95
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Gas, I like your write up on the Vision. I don't me to be argumenitive just some point of data. The Trannie gears are not square cut. The first 3 years they were but the most recent Trannies aren't. What you do have is classic sportbike transmission that has been up scaled and there is no doubt you hear it (No lifter noise to hide it? ) As far as Torque goes you are absolutely right. When Victory first introduced the Hammer Engine 1999-2001 (not the Hammer Model) 92 CI It produced exceptional Low end Torque. It did however have straight cut gears in the transmission. (also 1999-2000 had a History of of 2nd gear failure) 2002 they produce the the 92 CI "Freedom" Motor with a smoother transmission bevel cut gears.But drop compression down to 9 to 1 Also this is the first engine that a Big Bore Kit is available for bumps displacement up to 100 CI.
2005 they introduce the Hammer Model this is a Stock 100 CI. This is also the year that SS announces they will produce a 106 CI kit.
By 2008 the 106 is the standard engine. But in order to warranty the engine they have neutered the 9 to 1 compression and valve sizes that were developed to feed the 92 CI engines limit it. SS makes a replacement head with Larger intake and Exhaust Valves if you want to drop the coin and frankly if I were going to do another Victory I would or I would have Lloyd Greer Do what he did for mine and ope the Intake and exhaust Valves. Also if you are going into a Victory engine you owe yourself a set of of 10.5 to 1 J&E Pistons.
While I will never convince anyone I still believe Pushrods belong on tractors no motorcycles , but then again all my HD Buddies tell me real motorcycles don't have radiators.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #96
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Gas, I like your write up on the Vision. I don't me to be argumenitive just some point of data. The Trannie gears are not square cut. The first 3 years they were but the most recent Trannies aren't. What you do have is classic sportbike transmission that has been up scaled and there is no doubt you hear it (No lifter noise to hide it? ) As far as Torque goes you are absolutely right. When Victory first introduced the Hammer Engine 1999-2001 (not the Hammer Model) 92 CI It produced exceptional Low end Torque. It did however have straight cut gears in the transmission. (also 1999-2000 had a History of of 2nd gear failure) 2002 they produce the the 92 CI "Freedom" Motor with a smoother transmission bevel cut gears.But drop compression down to 9 to 1 Also this is the first engine that a Big Bore Kit is available for bumps displacement up to 100 CI.
2005 they introduce the Hammer Model this is a Stock 100 CI. This is also the year that SS announces they will produce a 106 CI kit.
By 2008 the 106 is the standard engine. But in order to warranty the engine they have neutered the 9 to 1 compression and valve sizes that were developed to feed the 92 CI engines limit it. SS makes a replacement head with Larger intake and Exhaust Valves if you want to drop the coin and frankly if I were going to do another Victory I would or I would have Lloyd Greer Do what he did for mine and ope the Intake and exhaust Valves. Also if you are going into a Victory engine you owe yourself a set of of 10.5 to 1 J&E Pistons.
While I will never convince anyone I still believe Pushrods belong on tractors no motorcycles , but then again all my HD Buddies tell me real motorcycles don't have radiators.
The info of the straight cut gears came directly from one of the salesmen. I was standing there when he told us. So, either you or him are wrong. And knowing salesmen, it's probably him. He mentioned early models haveing tranny problems.

The Victories are nice bikes, but my point and I believe Gas Man's point, is you should have to have all those mods and money dumped into the bike to make it worth riding. The valves, the higher comp pistons. Who wants to do that? Not me.

As for the pushrods, Corvettes, Mustangs, etc all had pushrods and made and make plenty of power.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #97
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Thanks Marko. I actually asked him if they were heely (SP?) cut or straight. At any rate they were loud as F. Being directly under you, no exhaust will even cover up that noise.

And Yes Marko. I'm with ya. Say what you want about pushrods as non-believers. My 96" has way more power than that 106". My bike is basically stock. I have done no performence mods. not even my slip ons. Don't believe me.

Marko rode each bike only once. Everything felt more refined and solid on my HD. However, I still think the Victory felt better than most metric cruisers I have rode.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:43 AM   #98
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
all my HD Buddies tell me real motorcycles don't have radiators.
They are right.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:45 AM   #99
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Thanks Marko. I actually asked him if they were heely (SP?) cut or straight. At any rate they were loud as F. Being directly under you, no exhaust will even cover up that noise.

And Yes Marko. I'm with ya. Say what you want about pushrods as non-believers. My 96" has way more power than that 106". My bike is basically stock. I have done no performence mods. not even my slip ons. Don't believe me.

Marko rode each bike only once. Everything felt more refined and solid on my HD. However, I still think the Victory felt better than most metric cruisers I have rode.
I am sorry but , respectfully, the salesman was wrong. I have had the 01 and 03 transmissions apart.
A Place to check would be Lloydz Motorworkz at www.quickvic-usa.com Lloyd Greer is the probably the best non factory Vic wrench in the US he also wrenches HD's
As far perceived power that is relative, and there is no doubt that the HD makes its power down lower than the Victory. The Vic like The point of the mods is that you can achieve the same low end torque as t the Pushrods motors, if you choose.
I agree if were financing a bike I wouldn't pull it apart. (when it comes to Bikes, I believe SS stands for stock sucks and nothing I own is stock.)
Lest anyone think I am bashing HDs I am not, I just instinctively root for the Underdog,
Again I feel a little foolish defending Victory while mine is for sale.
My Bias will always be away from pushrod engines

Last edited by nhgunnut; 05-11-2010 at 08:19 AM..
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:23 AM   #100
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Yep, as I said, I don't know how the trans gears are cut but they are loud as F. Any adjustment to the throttle brings on the noise. Mechanic/salesman whatever wrong or not, doesn't change the noise level.

I still root for them, cause they are American made. But I don't see em overcoming the HD craze. I still think HD is more for your buck. And they are priced about the same when you compare apples to apples. I've done a few of the vic builds on their site... and poof... same if not more $$

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote