Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #91
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Preeeeeeety sure you're the only one talking about full leathers. Again, it takes me less than a minute or two to gear up vs. weeks or months to heal even moderate road rash.

Nope another person whom isn't as important as you apparently, says that their group never rides without leather. Sorry buddy but I wasn't even thinking about you or your widdle boo boo pics of the owie you got rollerblading. Wanna hear something funny? I never rollerblade without a helmet, knee pads, wrist guards and elbow pads! Hahahahaha!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #92
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Disagree, as stated my jeans completely came apart during a ROLLERBLADE crash. 20mph tops had me in some nasty pain for a couple weeks. Those were Levi's BTW. I'm sure if I had some thick work jeans on like Dickies then they would've offered a bit more protection.

However this discussion is in regard to your girlfriend and I doubt she's wearing rugged work jeans.

I wager that in a low speed crash the type of jeans she would wear would come apart extremely quickly and offer little if any protection. My point is that jeans (especially the type manufactured for the typical female) offer so little protection she might as well just wear the shorts if she enjoys wearing them more than jeans.

But like you said, she's a squid and shorts, tanktops, etc. etc. are to be expected. Around here (105 degree Texas) I'd say about 75% of the motorcyclists dress the same way. And aside from local organized rides I'm usually the only guy on the road properly dressed.
When I wrecked on my bike last November, I was wearing dress slacks that offer even less protection than jeans and I hardly had any rash at all. Far less than the pic you posted earlier. Now I'm not saying it's ok to not wear gear, but I think jeans offer a lot more protection than nothing.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #93
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Disagree, as stated my jeans completely came apart during a ROLLERBLADE crash. 20mph tops had me in some nasty pain for a couple weeks. Those were Levi's BTW. I'm sure if I had some thick work jeans on like Dickies then they would've offered a bit more protection.

However this discussion is in regard to your girlfriend and I doubt she's wearing rugged work jeans.

I wager that in a low speed crash the type of jeans she would wear would come apart extremely quickly and offer little if any protection. My point is that jeans (especially the type manufactured for the typical female) offer so little protection she might as well just wear the shorts if she enjoys wearing them more than jeans.

But like you said, she's a squid and shorts, tanktops, etc. etc. are to be expected. Around here (105 degree Texas) I'd say about 75% of the motorcyclists dress the same way. And aside from local organized rides I'm usually the only guy on the road properly dressed.
Okay are you Krabill too? I should have known... Seriously, are you saying that you don't at least recognize that your "injuries" could have been at least marginally more severe if you had been wearing shorts? BTW if you are so gear happy, why weren't you wearing knee guards, etc? Ha I bet you weren't even wearing a helmet! You, Sir are a ROLLERSQUID!!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #94
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
When I wrecked on my bike last November, I was wearing dress slacks that offer even less protection than jeans and I hardly had any rash at all. Far less than the pic you posted earlier. Now I'm not saying it's ok to not wear gear, but I think jeans offer a lot more protection than nothing.
Always depends on how you slide. I landed on my leg first so the jeans went *poof*!
________
Genetically modified food

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:50 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #95
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Always depends on how you slide. I landed on my leg first so the jeans went *poof*!
Awww tell da troof, you were wearing dos pimp ass slacks in yo avatar!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #96
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Okay are you Krabill too? I should have known... Seriously, are you saying that you don't at least recognize that your "injuries" could have been at least marginally more severe if you had been wearing shorts? BTW if you are so gear happy, why weren't you wearing knee guards, etc? Ha I bet you weren't even wearing a helmet! You, Sir are a ROLLERSQUID!!!!!
No, I'm Kaneman. You can read the user names on the left of the webpage.

My injuries were caused from the slide. My jeans came apart as soon as I hit the pavement. I do not believe the rash would've been worse had I been wearing shorts.

And yes, I am a rollersquid, no doubt. I don't even own a rollerblade helmet.

Quote:
Awww tell da troof, you were wearing dos pimp ass slacks in yo avatar!
What is a "troof"?
________
Free magento themes

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:51 PM..
Old 06-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #97
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Well don't you know that back when rollerblading was uber popular, it was the cause for like 30% of all emergency room visits. Way more than motorcycles for sure! Plus, I believe it was a leading cause of brain damage, if I'm not mistaken.... oh that's what it is...

Seriously, why would you continue to not wear gear rollerblading after you've been injured but you preach it's use on a bike? Hypocrite much?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #98
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

What is a "troof"?
troof=truth I thought you was down bro! My bad.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #99
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Well don't you know that back when rollerblading was uber popular, it was the cause for like 30% of all emergency room visits. Way more than motorcycles for sure! Plus, I believe it was a leading cause of brain damage, if I'm not mistaken.... oh that's what it is...

Seriously, why would you continue to not wear gear rollerblading after you've been injured but you preach it's use on a bike? Hypocrite much?
Because 20-25mph is my max speed on rollerblades. Not so on my bike. This debate is more about the safety of those we are responsible for while on our motorcycles though and whether or not jeans provide adequate protection to motorcyclists during a crash.

Quote:
troof=truth I thought you was down bro! My bad.
No, I must not be. I never had to take an ESL class...
________
Hand job

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:51 PM..
Old 06-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #100
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Because 20-25mph is my max speed on rollerblades. Not so on my bike. This debate is more about the safety of those we are responsible for while on our motorcycles though and whether or not jeans provide adequate protection to motorcyclists during a crash.

No, I must not be. I never had to take an ESL class...
Ah but if I'm cruising up to the Dairy Queen in town, I'm only doing approximately 25-45 mph... besides, I don't know about you but I'm WAY more likely to "crash" on rollerblades than I am on my bike!!!

Aha and you just said the magic words... whether or not they provide "adequate protection". I think that they do. I especially think that they are better than nothing. You think that I am wrong. I have fallen 100s of times wearing jeans during my lifetime(skateboarding, sports, bicycling, running around, dirt bikes, climbing trees, horseback riding, etc) and I am certain that if I had been naked, my ass would be one big scar!!!Okay. You ride around in your "hefty bag" and I'll wear my jeans and we'll both be just fine. I mean I could go on and on about how nylon suits aren't adequate protection because they are not as abrasion resistant as leather but what do I care what you wear when you ride?