-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #92
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
What people? Where are all these people concerned about feelings?
You must live in pussyville or something.
You should move to New Brunswick.
They throw down over everything. It's like TV scottland over there.
Fucking kilts and fisticuffs...

it's called living in a suburb that wants to be considered a "wealthy" community. soccer moms try to do what they think a "perfect world" community would do.
funny when I moved there I was stopped at least once a week by the cops basically because my car didn't "fit in" and I was coming home from second shift job. therefore I looked like a thief at night in a beater car.
now days I can afford better cars and have a much better job, I no longer live there, as it has gone very downhill in the last few years.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #93
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
it's called living in a suburb that wants to be considered a "wealthy" community. soccer moms try to do what they think a "perfect world" community would do.
funny when I moved there I was stopped at least once a week by the cops basically because my car didn't "fit in" and I was coming home from second shift job. therefore I looked like a thief at night in a beater car.
now days I can afford better cars and have a much better job, I no longer live there, as it has gone very downhill in the last few years.
I think you just blamed women for your area's problems.
Not sure how I should respond to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #94
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Applause?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #95
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
ok that one was not well written, I agree. no the soccer moms were not to blame for the problems. they were the ones being sensitive about the "injured" player. that brought the invitations for counseling from school staff because some of the moms were wworried.
the two statements should have been separated, the community as a whole wanted to give that we're wealthy and we "do the right thing" image.
after living there a few years I learned how big of a rouse that was. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #96
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Applause?

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #97
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Uh, you may want to check your facts there Apoc.

I agree with the sentiment but I still found the above inconsistencies funny.

It wasn't assault, he goaded me into fighting, it was mutually consentual. Im not sure how different your laws are than ours, but up here you cant be charged with a crime if both people are actively involved in the fight. Even if I hit you first, and you hit back in self defense, its no longer assault. Im not sure if thats still true in canada today, but back then it was not a crime in any way.

Now if I just attacked him for no reaon and he just sat there and took it, then thats assault. But im betting our laws are/were quite a bit different than ours.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #98
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
It wasn't assault, he goaded me into fighting, it was mutually consentual. Im not sure how different your laws are than ours, but up here you cant be charged with a crime if both people are actively involved in the fight. Even if I hit you first, and you hit back in self defense, its no longer assault. Im not sure if thats still true in canada today, but back then it was not a crime in any way.

Now if I just attacked him for no reaon and he just sat there and took it, then thats assault. But im betting our laws are/were quite a bit different than ours.
Canada is such a strange an exotic place

Quote:
Can I agree to fight somebody?

Depending on the circumstances, two people may agree to fight without creating an offence. Silence is not agreement. The fight must be fair and it cannot go beyond reasonable limits. Weapons of any kind can't be used. If you do injure the other person, you could be charged with assault if the force used was excessive in these circumstances.

What if somebody provokes me to fight?

That's no excuse. If you strike the other person, you could be charged with assault. However, a court might take into consideration the degree of provocation in lessening a sentence against you.
No matter who starts the fight, you have a right to self-defence. For example, if the person you are fighting pulls out a weapon, you have a right to defend yourself. However, you can use only as much force as is reasonably necessary to protect yourself from serious bodily harm or death.
http://www.legal-info-legale.nb.ca/e...al_law_assault
http://www.lawyers.ca/statutes/crimi...da_assault.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #99
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:

You must have missed key phrases like 'back then' and 'was/were different'. Reading comprehension is your friend.

As I said, I dont know about todays laws, things have changed drasticly here over the years. But 15 years ago, doing anything besides trying to remove yourself from the situation was an 'agreement to fight'. I know this for a fact, as i've seen it many times not just with me, but with others.

I once saw a guy get attacked while sitting in the passenger seat of the car he was in. He got out, and proceeded to get beat down badly. Never even threw a punch or raised a hand. Tried to press charges against the guy, cops wouldnt allow it. By getting out of the car, he made a non-verbal agreement to fight. No charges pressed by the popo, and this guy was badly fucked up. Broken nose, black eyes, cracked cheekbone, multiple stitches. He later saw a lawer, he couldnt even legally have a tooth that was broken paid for by the guy who broke it.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.

Last edited by Apoc; 03-17-2011 at 05:21 PM..
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #100
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Consouling
Disturbing imagery

Give me a fuckin break! Another great reason why I don't want kids. I would laugh at the school if they said my (if it was the big guy not the bully) needed consouling cause he threw that bully. No F'in way. I'd tell my kid I was proud of him, standing up for himself.

Fuck Michelle Obama... it's the way of life as a kid. And to play on an old saying "It's builds character". I'm not endorsing columbine style shit or any level of bullying that goes too far beyond. But this little type of crap is not anything that should make international news.
If he was picked on for 3 years he might need it.

I blame his father. His father is the one that told him not to fight. You don't have to beat up every bully but you need to stand up for yourself. And if they start laying fist on you then need to spit teeth.

I don't want my kids fighting at school but if someone lays a hand on them I want them to lay them out. If the teachers can keep things under control I want my kids to protect themselves. I don't want them becoming a basket case because they bottle it up for years.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote