Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 03-30-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
That why I'm such a proponent of deer hunting. Low in fat, high in protein and you're only out the cost of a bullet and a $15 tag provided you process it yourself. Even if you pay to have it processed, it's only $100 for roughly 60lbs of meat.
How do you know that deer wasn't tappin into the corn fields?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
How do you know that deer wasn't tappin into the corn fields?
The deer I hunt are on private land that is surrounded by state land that has no corn fields. They eat the Alfalfa that is planted for them.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
The deer I hunt are on private land that is surrounded by state land that has no corn fields. They eat the Alfalfa that is planted for them.
We feed the deer on our land just a little corn.
It's great for making them stand in one place while we feed them bullets.

(and no, they aren't the least bit tame... they just like their corn enough to take risks coming out into the open. )
Old 03-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
I was joking.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

What are these "crackers" and "cookies" you speak of?

Have you ever grocery shopped at Wal-Mart? Whenever my wife and I would go we would always talk shit about the contents of other people's carts. To see a family of 4 with a cart packed with chips, sodas, fruit juices, ice cream and maaaaaybe a carton of eggs was the norm. That is how the average American that makes less than $30k a year shops....and they do so generally without a thought about it. I mean, it is really disgusting to see cart after cart full of absolute shit food.

The thing is, the "cheap" foods aren't really cheap at all. I mean sure, you saved $2 by buying chips instead of apples....but now you've got 3 prescriptions to fill every month and you're eating much more food than a normal healthy person would because the shit you're buying isn't satisfying your body's requirements.

Its like buying a cheap car that needs something fixed every week and ends up costing you 3x as much in the end.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Whole Foods is a convenient source of grass-fed beef. I know they have organic / free range chicken but I don't know what it's fed. Trader Joe's has good stuff too.

Grass-fed beef tastes totally different. I can't see how caged animals would have the same muscle development that free-range animals do.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #7
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Whole Foods is a convenient source of grass-fed beef. I know they have organic / free range chicken but I don't know what it's fed. Trader Joe's has good stuff too.

Grass-fed beef tastes totally different. I can't see how caged animals would have the same muscle development that free-range animals do.
And that's another thing. If its true that grass-fed meat is demonstratably better, I'm willing to bet it's mostly because grass-fed cows are allowed to roam free, thus burning fat, getting some sun and fresh air, and preventing their muscles from atrophy. It isn't because grass is sooooooooooooo much healthier than corn.

Last edited by Homeslice; 03-29-2010 at 02:18 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
And that's another thing. If its true that grass-fed meat is demonstratably better, I'm willing to bet it's mostly because grass-fed cows are allowed to roam free, thus burning fat, getting some sun and fresh air, and preventing their muscles from atrophy. It isn't because grass is sooooooooooooo much healthier than corn.
Uh yeah because they can also use grass as a cheap sweetener...
Old 03-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #9
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Uh yeah because they can also use grass as a cheap sweetener...
Again, you guys are brining HFCS into this.........its a totally separate argument. Does HFCS suck, yes, we get that..........But a cow's body doesn't manufacture HFCS from the corn it eats. HFCS is man-made.

THERE IS NO FUCKING HFCS IN BEEF.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Again, you guys are brining HFCS into this.........its a totally separate argument. Does HFCS suck, yes, we get that..........But a cow's body doesn't manufacture HFCS from the corn it eats. HFCS is man-made.

THERE IS NO FUCKING HFCS IN BEEF.
Right but it causes the cows to be fatter, making the beef have a higher fat content.