Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #91
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Yeh called the BBB on the drive home. I also filed a complaint against them with the DRPA
Old 06-30-2009, 04:24 PM   #92
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Damn. The whole incident is just fucked up.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #93
snigg
That Dude

Moto: 02 954

The lesson in all this: Don't be a squid.
snigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #94
derf
token jewboy

Nothing squidly about it, just dumb bad luck.

Anyway I guess I was harrassing customers now that I look back. I did talk to everyone that walked up and told them to check their car for damage before they pay.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #95
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Do you know what teh outcome of those cases were?

I'm sure It will wind up in small claims court, there is no doubt in my mind. I have called now 6 times to talk to the supervisor and he hasnt been in, which i found out is a normal tactic they stall you as long as they can to try to get them off your back, and so that you pass the police report deadline (5 calender days in philly). I am heading to the DRPA station now to file a grieveance with them, needs to be done also within 5 days, then to the philly police station, then I'm going over to the shop, and I'm gonna sit outside and wait for the supervisor.

I also asked the lawyer to draft up a letter for me to send to the guy
he won th elesser case, towing co never even showed first time, second time thye sent some guy who knew nothing about the case. So we shredded him. Not sure of the second one though since he kinda screwed me over on a few things surrounding our legal issues stemming from that and it would have required me giving a severe beatdown.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:45 PM   #96
derf
token jewboy

Now I'm starting to wonder if I should go through small claims court or if I should go through the insurance co?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:48 PM   #97
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Now I'm starting to wonder if I should go through small claims court or if I should go through the insurance co?
I would think small claims court may be easier, but it depends on the ins. When th ebitch hit my bike I got paid in a rather timeley manner, but when the ambulance hit it that was a nightmare, but thats dealing with city agencies.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:38 PM   #98
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Minor update.

I went to pic up the damage report before towing from the DRPA, then I went to the local police department near the tow yard to fill out a damage report, oh yeh, and I said hi to a buddy who works in that precinct. I should get the police report in a few days from my buddy otherwise it would take a few weeks.

Then I stopped back by the tow truck company to see if I could talk to the supervisor there again, and I was told (by another truck driver not the supervisor) that I caused the damage and that the pictures I had were not good enough. I should call again later. So I told them I was going to sit in my car and wait for the supervisor to show up. After 1/2 hour a cop knocks on my car window and says that I need to leave because he got a report that I was hastling their customers. When he knocked on my door I was reading a book. So i explained the situation and he said that i should call the insurance company. Overall an interesting afternoon.

You should have explained to the officer that they refuse to give you the insurance information and asked him if he would get it for you. He may have done it, who knows?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #99
derf
token jewboy

I tried, but he was asking me to leave at that point
Old 06-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #100
derf
token jewboy

So I talked to the lawyer again to float an idea I had. I called my insurance company and I reported it, they are going to send me to an adjuster to get an estimate. Depending on what he values the damage at vs what I priced out I will either go through the insurance company or withdraw the insurance claim and go through the courts.

If I go through the courts I am going to sue for parts from the dealership, plus any costs associated with the whole deal, including the fee to get it out of impound (lawyer said that one is hot or miss depends on the judge), tolls, gas, time, court fees, and the condom I will use when I rape him over the coals. There are still some things up in the air, and there is also the possibilty that the bike will be totaled by the adjuster which could suck.