Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #21
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

My mom doesn't even have internet, but she saw my FB page when she was here. My dad is on (22 years sober, BTW) and yes, I still have my drunken NYE pics up...LOL Rob's entire family (even 78 yr old grandmother) are all on FB and even the grandkids in college are very free with their posts. One of the aunts said something about the daughter's language once and the other aunts came to the rescue, since the daughter is an adult. There's an understanding with everyone that we older people don't interfere in the younger ones' goings on in public...we send an email if we feel the need. His fam is very cool and I actually enjoy having them on my friends list. I did have to create a separate profile for my ex-husband's family, since I don't want him seeing every aspect of my life without him and the ex is phoneless, jobless and moved to his brother's in IN and only communicates by internet now...just too wierd. The kids have a FB page they are only allowed on when I am nearby so they can keep in touch with their dad and he can see recent pics and news. As long as people don't get too serious, FB can be a good thing. When your value as a person becomes dependent on who deleted you as a friend, it's a problem. That's one reason I dumped Myspace...too much drama.

I don't see too much wierd stuff on FB...well, if you don't count the ex's sister renaming herself Ray... THAT was a bit of a shocker...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.

Last edited by Angee; 11-29-2009 at 10:41 AM..
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #22
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

This is the shit I like seeing on FB, the cool shit folks do

(best friend and his son)
Old 11-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #23
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

I have a strict no family policy on facebook. If you're genetically related to me - you're out...too much drama from them. I'm not interested. If they want to know what's going on with me, they can call me or email me. Otherwise, it's none of their business.

Backstory: because of one facebook status I posted as a joke, none of my family came to my wedding. One uncle even mailed me a letter saying he wouldn't be coming because I unfriended him on facebook. My status said "Friends are god's apology for family". It pissed them off THAT much.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #24
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

I don't care what people post as their FB status, except when they chronicle every little fucking mundane detail of their day - it drives me nuts.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #25
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
I don't care what people post as their FB status, except when they chronicle every little fucking mundane detail of their day - it drives me nuts.
The only ones that bug me are the ones that I know are dealing with some tough issues right now. They will post something really bad every now and then and give you no info at all in the post. Then if people start asking it takes hours for them to tell people whats up.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #26
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

This one guy does some of the craziest posts, and he does it so that his family, also on facebook, sees it.

Quote:
(GUY) who are all these people with thier degrees, these doctors with thier phds in psycho analysis? id like the best of the best sit down with me so i can make them feel like an idiot when while they spent years reading books on material by others, i just sat and watched and put two and two together. hahahhahahhahahahhaahah...

(GUY) look everyone the monkey is putting on a show for you all, dont you like it? dont it make you just want to laugh, everyone get your peanuts

(GUY) about to blow a load,for the first time ever, i will watch empire and jedi as high as i get..this will be marked down as a great day in historty, i can finally call myself an official dark jedi...yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
I just looked for the other bad ones where he talks shit about his family but it looks like they were deleted.

Anyway if i want to embarress myself in front of my family, I will do it in person.