Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #41
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i

Well I don't know how much help it'll be, but maybe something to consider. Two problems that run rampant in my family are gall bladder problems and hiatial hernias. Both can almost mimic symptoms of a heart attack. My dad, my dads dad, dads sister, and a few others in my family have had these problems for years, yet everytime they went to the doc everything checked out fine, stress tests and all. My dad has gone to the ER several times and each time everything came back clean. If I remember correctly one doctor finally figured something out and I believe they did trace it to a gall bladder issue. He's had other contributing problems too though.... had to have vascular surgery back in '06 where an artery in his neck was 80% clogged and they had to put a stint in it and some other stuff too

Now I'm usually healthy as a horse... I NEVER get sick. But one day back in April I woke up at 5am with some pretty good chest pains. I figured it was some heart burn or something and tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't cuz it really hurt. I started getting nauseous, then started throwing up even though there was nothing in my stomach and just a little bile coming up and then dry heaving. It kept getting worse and worse, I started breathing real hard (paramedics said I was hyperventilating) and my arms and legs were going numb and tingly and I was shaking, and having a hard time just walking around (having to hold onto stuff). I was home alone and freaking out cuz I didn't know what was going on, and no way I could drive myself so I called paramedics at about 9:00. They came over and did EKG and a bunch of other tests, then took me to the ER and they did some more tests, x-rays, etc. Everything came back perfect, blood pressure was perfect, etc. Funny thing was, about 10-15 mins after getting to the hospital, and throwing up yet again shortly after I got there, I was laying there and just like that, in a matter of a minute or less, I felt perfectly fine like nothing had ever happened. It was the weirdest thing. They never did figure anything out as to what happened. When I talked to my dad about it, he said that sounds EXACTLY like a hiatial hernia. I did some looking around, and based on the symptoms and how fast it went away, I'm kinda thinking that's what it may have been. Has never happened before and hasn't happened since.

So yea.... gall bladder and hiatial hernias, just something to think about if the docs aren't able to find anything. They've been a gremlin in my family and always seem to be able to hide when it comes to body diag, hahah

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi

Last edited by thirdgenlxi; 11-02-2009 at 09:45 PM..
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #42
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

My dad's wife had chest pains and it ended up being a blood clot.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:33 AM   #43
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
My dad's wife had chest pains and it ended up being a blood clot.
PE's are tricky to diagnose at times, used to be tougher because we had to do a vq scan, but now we can use a speciffic type of ct scan to rule them out so its a lot easier.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:37 AM   #44
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
PE's are tricky to diagnose at times, used to be tougher because we had to do a vq scan, but now we can use a speciffic type of ct scan to rule them out so its a lot easier.

Tom
I had a VQ scan Thursday night at the ER.

I had the stress test done yesterday. Heart is in great shape although it is 2 sizes too small. I still don't have an explanation for the chest pains though.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #45
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I had a VQ scan Thursday night at the ER.

I had the stress test done yesterday. Heart is in great shape although it is 2 sizes too small. I still don't have an explanation for the chest pains though.
hey did a v/q scan at night, damn th etechs love that. they get some stupid amounts of overtime to come in and do them at our hospital. Then again your hospital is prolly in a much more civilized community than mine.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote