Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #71
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
High powered paint ball guns could always be an idea to deal with pesky neighbors or their fuckin shit head kids.
Air soft at 700fps can sting like a bitch too.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #72
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

But these sting and leave a good paint mark!!

Plus they're awesome for the front of a jackasses house.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:57 PM   #73
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
What if you catch some neighbor kids egging your house, overturning your garbage cans, keying your cars, etc..? They're minors, they don't pay taxes...

Most people don't view the world and its inhabitants the way I do. If things worked my way, I'd blast the kids (leeches) over the coyotes any day of the week. Fortunately for my neighbors, the law hasn't really swung in my favor yet.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you probably shouldn't get a gun. You have a problem with shooting a coyote, but if it were legal, you would shoot kids on your lawn?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:51 PM   #74
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post

Previous owner of my property built a berm of earth against a hill to use for target practice. Who do you think I'd have to contact to check on the legality of using this? Hunting is one thing, but round after round of target practice may offend even my distant neighbors.
If you are in a city limit, you'll have to check the ordanances they have on firing weapons there. If you're not in the city you can shoot all you want, doesn't matter what the neoghbors think about it as long as you're not raining lead on their property.

As far as predator control goes, since you're asking all these questions about guns, shooting and hunting in general, it's almost like the new rider arguing that a 600 or bigger supersport is a good beginnner bike. Not trying to really rag on ya Triple but I've been shooting since i was big enough to hold a gun, had my first 22 at 7yo and hunting by 10 years old, and I'm 42 now btw. I know all about what coyotes can and have done and what's documented. Ok, GA has not had a documented child kill by a coyote. Here's another fact for ya...GA did not have a coyote "population" worth mentioning 20 yrs ago. They were not here first, they migrated from the west and have decimated wild game and livestock populations along the way where they were not controlled by humans, and occasionally killed a kid. They populate like rats with big sharp teeth and adapt to any environment, they even live in major downtown citys. You're entitled to your feelings on shooting coyotes and you're welcome to choose not to. Don't think you'll convince anyone with any hunting experiance that it's a bad thing though, we all know better.

Enjoy the heck out of your new shotgun though man. What barrel and choke tubes does it have or did you get a slug barrel on it? Remember, to shoot slugs through a standard barrel you'll need a cylinder bore or rifled slug choke tube. Anything tighter will be stressed by shooting slugs though it and damage could occour.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .

Last edited by ericr; 12-18-2008 at 10:53 PM..
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #75
t-homo
WSB Champion

20 inch barrel is pretty short for hunting with. My benelli is a 26 inch barrel and my bros Mossberg has a 28".
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:44 PM   #76
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Ok, that's a good slug barrel but it appears to be a smooth bore, doesn't mention rifled barrel, so you'll have the best accuracy with "rifled slug" loads. It will make a good close quarters self defense gun loaded with buckshot also but with a cylinder bore barrel it won't be good for hunting with shot loads beyond maybe 20-40 yards. You could pattern it on large cardboard sheets to see how shot loads do at different ranges but it will have more spread at distance than a tighter choke would.

The nice thing about shotguns is you can get different barrels. You can buy a longer, interchangable choke tube barrel for small game or bird hunting and swap them out when you want.

Slug and buckshot loads are expensive compared to skeet or trap type loads. Buy some cheap 2 3/4in, #7 or #8 or smaller (larger number) shot loads for just shooting and getting used to the gun. 2 3/4 in shells can be shot in it and are cheaper and have lighter powder loads so they're more pleasent to shoot a lot with too.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:04 AM   #77
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Then they get a shot in the ass with some rock salt.
Plus one.
Kids will, in theory, one day pay taxes and do something for the community.
With a little pain every now and then to keep their unruliness in check, they might just become halfway decent citizens.