Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6
Default Smart Kid...

Today is a Jewish holiday so the preschool I work at (which is behind a Temple) was offering child care for families that were going to services. Because it is a big holiday I knew the parking lot was going to be packed. Thinking ahead I decided to ride my bike so I would not have to worry about it.

Once all the kids were picked up I put on my boots, back protector, and jacket and headed outside. I get over to my bike and one of the moms was so surprised she ran over with her three kids...age 2, 4, and 5/6. The older two were so excited. (the little one was trying to run away because he was afraid I was going to turn it on and it would be loud.) The 4 year old girl was asking me all about my gear. Her 5/6 year old brother told her (while trying on my gloves ) that my "uniform" was in case I fell off "because bike go so much faster than cars." I love the answer the little boy gave to his sister.

After they went back to the car the mom told me I had to leave first because the kids wanted to watch.

BTW - the looks I get coming out of that school and getting on my bike is PRICELESS. If you ever met me you would understand why...I do NOT come off as someone who would ever dream of swinging a leg over a motorcycle.

Just sharing...because I am out of work for the day...and bored............
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote