Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2008, 10:34 PM   #7
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
?What? I thought the news said that the band before him ran super long then they had to switch stages or something and thats what took a small delay but the fans freaked! Man I cant believe how the local news can twist shit around so much.

It sounded like a fuck of a good time and only a little up the road to me. Was it? Other than delays and what not what was the water/bathroom situation like out there?

Plenty of things to smoke I imagine out that way...
Nah he was supposed to go on at 9:30 on Saturday night but he decided last minute he didn't want any other acts to be playing and Jack Johnson's set overlapped his by like a half-hour. Then apparently he decided he wanted to wait until it was completely dark for his light show to look cool so he delayed again...then again...then again...he ended up going on at 4:45 am, said nothing to the crowd, no apology or hype just went right into his set and then ended almost 40 minutes earlier than his set was supposed to go. People went APESHIT...well for bonnaroo anyway, they threw glowsticks and water bottles at him as he was leaving and broke some of his lighting equipment. The catchphrase for the rest of the concert was "fuck kanye".

It was the greatest time I've ever had in my entire life, 80,000 music loving, friendly people, naked body painted women, drugs EVERYWHERE - they're sold from tent to tent so you just hang out and they come to you, 150 bands, plenty of bathrooms and vendors. It was epic.
I saw- Willie Nelson, The Raconteurs, Metallica, Pearl Jam, MIA, Battles, BB King,Lez Zeppelin, Jack Johnson, Ben Folds, Sigur Rose, Broken Social Scene, Allison Krauss with Robert Plant, MGMT, Teagan and Sara, My Morning Jacket and several dozen more Im forgetting or didn't get the name of.

Everyone should do Bonnaroo before they die. Just bring all the food and water you'll need, a tent, a pop up picnic tent to go over your tent, handi-wipes, deoderant and a grill.