Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2008, 02:33 AM   #1
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600
Default City Riders, Help Me Out!

Hey guys, I know it has been forever but soon I will be out of Alaska and back into civilization!

I have several questions for those of you that use your bike as your main form of transport. I spent about 4 months riding in my college town where things were calm and rather safe. However after being gone for 4 months I will be heading back to Atlanta and for the first time, using my bike to get around the city. This provides me with many newbie questions for all of you!

First off, what kind of anti theft devices would you guys recommend? I will probably take my car on rainy days but otherwise I would like to use the bike to get around. Chains, brake locks, noise makers? Let me know.

Second off, I assume if I got something rather bulky like a chain, I would need to bring a backpack with me to haul it around. I don't even have a tank pack yet, so I could use some advice on various luggage options I should look into. I believe Icon has a backpack that I could even use to hold my helmet when I am walking around away from the bike. It would be nice if it were water resistant and maybe reflective too. Any brands I should look into? Any first hand experience?

Third off, after 4 months of being gone should I go ahead and chance the coolant and oil again? I did these things right before I parked the bike and the bike has been inside my mom's living room ever since. Not exposed to the weather or anything of that sort.

And yes, you guys can pretty much assume that your favorite newb is back.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote