Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2008, 11:15 PM   #22
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'll tell you what,and I'd expect that no worries will agree,today's tires,regardless of brand,are the shit!!! In the past 10 years or so,I've tried pretty much every major brand's sport tire and for the most part,they all perform exceptionally well. Sure,if you nit pick,you can find a small flaw here or there with any tire but for the majority of riders ANY premium tire will outperform their ability to ride. Hell,try riding fast on the set of skins that came on my '88 V-Max and you'll beg to be given any modern tire!
I agree there. I was up at the gap riding on some worn out Avon Azaros and track take off Pilot Race's that handled great. I felt a difference once I got the Pilots on but more of a confidence boost than anything.

Here are pics of my new Pilot Road 2. This was just from a small run around town so nothing special but they felt great. The real test will be that I won't be running the mountains as much now with school so I'll be doing a lot of straight up riding. I'll see how it wears after a few thousand miles.

And that's about as far as I pushed it

And tigger. Though Technically with me being adopted (Or as I prefer to call myself a reject baby) I could tap whatever all day long. Unfortunately my cousins wouldn't want anything to do with my pussy boy city ass. Last time I drank with them my female cousin was kicking me at 8am while I lay on the kitching floor in my own (Or I"m hoping) pile of vomit telling me to get up for some shots of some homemade moonshine they made. I love my family!!!