Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #28
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I would like to state how much i HATE credit card companies.

I call in to ask about interest rates and such, I am interested in lowering my rates since apparently they increased and the cc companies arent required to notify you they have done so, all part of the fine print. I speak to a representative, he says hold on, lemme see what I can do, comes back says, here it is, I can lower your rate to X if you like, and we also have a nifty thing you can check out that you might be interested in, lemme transfer you. I get stuck on the phone for well over an hour, talking to an idiot, whos program does jack shit for me and I am uninterested in, but they wont let me get off the phone till they transfer me back to the original company. They transfer me, send me to the wrong department, finally get where I need to be, and the lady tells me, okay, based on blah, we have sucessfully suspended your account and it will take 30-40 days for it to update on the credit reports. WHAT THE FUCK???!!!

I ask her why the hell they would do that, she says, well, you wanted a lower interest rate and in order to do so and to help you pay off your debt we have frozen your account till you pay it off. EXCUSE ME??!!! COME AGAIN??!! Basically, the asshole I first talked to decided I needed some additional assistance and decided to take over my account, freeze it so I can pay it off without worrying about using it, a card I DONT EVEN USE anymore as based on my statements and didnt even bother to tell me this.

All because I asked what it would take to get a lower interest rate!!!

Its my emergency card, I dont use it really, but its there if I need it, and you know, sometimes ya need that security, it does have a higher balance than everything else I have, i came out of the divorce with it, but I pay all my bills, on time and more than minimum so for them to just arbitrarily freeze my shit because they feel like it and not notify or disclose this really pisses me off...i think I will be talking to the BBB on this one, b/c I am pretty sure that what they did is in no way shape or form standard procedure or even legal. I didnt know the terms, I didnt sign anything and to bind me to something without disclosing the full terms cannot be legal.

Assholes...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote