Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT
Default I hate lawyers...or being sued for 50k

So approximately two years ago, I was in a car wreck where I rear-ended another car in stop and go traffic at a light.

I gave her my insurance, car and her were fixed to the tune of $3100. Done deal, right? No.

I got served with a lawsuit summons last night that stated she was suing me for $50,000. The paperwork refers to me as a woman. Real nice.

I was fired up all night and really pissed about it. I called my insurance agent today, and he indicated that this happens frequently. The girl probably talked to the lawyer when the accident happened, and nothing came of it. Well, she apparently didn't release them, so in an effort to preserve potential litigation, they filed the lawsuit on me ONE day before the statute of limitations expired.

What might have happened according to my agent is that the lawyer filed this paperwork and the girl that I was in the accident with has NO idea they are doing this. I guess they figure if one out of ten people roll over and ignore it, and they get a judgment, it is worth it.

Fortunately, I have good insurance and they are going to handle the case for me, and expect that it will go away after the first response...

And lawyers wonder why they have such a bad reputation. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Hey buddy, here's your sign....

I'm tempted to sue this damn lawyer back for pain and suffering for having to deal with this crap. Assholes.

Last edited by G-Rex; 12-18-2010 at 12:38 PM..
G-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote