Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja
Default Solar, electric cars, batteries, and making money without trying.

I've been thinking (always dangerous).

I've been considering solar, and a battery array. My house is literally all electric, and if I added enough panels, I might even end up with the electric company "paying my rent", if I can get the fucking meter spinning backwards fast enough.

I'm watching TV the other day, and they were talking about how today's modern electric/hybrid battery cars, with their huge storage capacities, and computer-run charging schemes, could not only be programmed to be charged at night, when current is cheaper...but that this battery array alternately could then be used to even power your house during the daylight hours, when current can actually cost double (depending on where you live).

So my thoughts went back simply to the storage battery array part of a typical solar home installation, and I thought; hmmmm:

What if you said fuck the car, fuck the solar panels, but just hook up a shitload of batteries? ...And then charge them at night when the rates are low, and sell that shit right back to the grid during peak hours...and fucking MAKE MONEY for doing absolutely SHIT (my single favorite concept of all time)?

Why not just "bank" current?

Last edited by Avatard; 07-19-2010 at 05:50 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote