Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default Spyware programs

Things got odd on my laptop last night. Some thing kept popping up saying my puter was being hacked and was trying to get into my FB acct and some others including things I dont even have. It came up on the yellow shield thing on the toolbar on the lower right part of the screen. But when I click on the bubble i ttakes me to a page for some spyware program I think it was called safe defense or something like that and spelled it defence???? wasnt sure if its legit or just some scam to get me to buy their program.

Sadly I bit on this once before with a program called spyhunter and cant get it off my computer. Thing is this is the laptop I go tfrom work and had I believ nortons antivirus on it but its the coporate edition so I need to bring it to work and have their geeks renew it. I had tried getting my of anti virus sofrware loaded (what I use for my other laptop and old desktop) and it would block the instalation because of the corprotate edition.

Anyone have any ideas a puter tard like me can do or i gotta bite the bullet and take it to work?
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote