Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #31
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Okay, time to get this thread back on track of ranting and you've prompted it with that comment. You're absolutely correct, we customer service folks do get tired of the idiots. There are many out there. Luckily, only about 25% of the folks I deal with are complete jackasses. Take last night for instance, the first phone call of the night was a couple who wanted to check on, and then modify, the beneficiaries to their accounts. Very simple task, can be done in 5 minutes or less on the web. However, I was on the phone with them for 35 fucking minutes.

Why the fuck so long? Because the fucking morons couldn't follow instructions. They were both on speakerphone (which is a pain in the ass already) and fucking arguing back and forth about what step to take next. If they would have fucking listened, there wouldn't be any problem. I know that it's sometimes difficult to find things on a website when the person you're talking to can't just take their finger and point at a screen, but I'm pretty damn good at walking people through things step by step. However, these people wouldn't listen.

They kept cutting me off and talking about other shit, or arguing about where they were looking on the website. I wanted to say, "shut the fuck up. This isn't that damn difficult. If you'll follow my directions to a T, you will have this done in a matter of minutes!" But no, I can't say that. I have to just sit there and listen to them fucking argue on the telephone, try to tell them to look at a certain spot on a screen, then listen to them argue some more.

I wish I didn't have to kiss the customer's ass, but our system has a fucking survey at the end of the call. My bonus is based on how satisfied the customer is. If I get anything less than the highest mark, it fucks me right in the ass and I can't get the highest possible bonus. So I have to sit there and kiss someone's ass because I need the fucking money. I swear, if it weren't for needing the money, I'd tell people what I really think while on the phone.
Hey Im not knocking ur job man. I do, however, think some customer service people are very hard to listen to especially when they're foreign.
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote