Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You need to learn to read, Tigger....

I said a quality stereo will make a difference over a budget stereo. I agreed with you on that. There is a lot of difference in components there. That's why I said comparing a cobalt and corvette doesn't apply to this situation since we are talking cables and not the components themselves.

Where I disagreed is cables. Ohhhhhhh, you installed shit. I bet you feel all proud of yourself. I have tested cables both in educational settings like an electronics lab in a University using high end equipment and as a career using industry leading equipment to check for quality. I also do it in my spare time within my hobbies such as the christmas lights, since I have to run long stretches of cable that are dependent on a good signal given the quick light sequences I have. So, no I don't understand how to check for quality within a cable and it's connectors. My theoritical knowledge and real world application, just doesn't add up to your ear and opinion when it comes to wire/cable quality. Sorry...

No I didn't see the other post for some reason.... FWIW my debate isn't just with you sunshine! I quoted you after you refered to me as a "douchenozzle" but prior to that, I was having this argument with others... The bottom line is that some of you drink high dollar micro brewery beer when Milwaukee's Best would do the job and I choose to use high end cables to connect my very high end components and speakers. I know a couple guys will would happily argue with you for hours that a V-Strom is just as good as you BMW and that you are a sucker for buying it.

Oh and I guess that you need to learn how to read as well, because I also have experience in this field and although I've never worked in a lab or done tests in a classroom. I have done my own tests using an spl meter in a sound room. I'm not relying on "opinion", I was hooking up car stereos and selling VCRs when you were still suckling at your mother tit!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote