Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #11
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
No shit.

I want to look and feel better, not win competitions. I have way too much other crap going on to pay this much attention to my diet and how often / what time of day I beat off.

Any simple, convenient meal suggestions? Should I eat before I lift? After I lift? Here's my average week day:

6:30AM : wake up
6:30AM - 7:30AM : shower, eat/drink breakfast, take care of dogs
7:30AM - 8:00AM : ride to work
8:00AM - 4:00PM : work (eat / drink lunch @ 12:00PM)
4:00PM - 4:30PM : ride to gym
4:30PM - 6:00PM : exercise
6:10PM - 8:50PM : school
8:50PM - 9:10PM : ride home
9:10PM - 10:30PM, 12:30AM, 2:30AM, ??? ... : homework, housework

I'm a total zombie in the morning. Waking up an hour earlier than I already do would be difficult in itself, let alone actually trying to exercise. And what counts as low intensity cardio? If I "walk briskly" for an hour after I wake up I will feel like I've just wasted an hour I could have spent sleeping.
When your a natural everything adds up and needs to add up to make any type of gains. Your body is pretty stubborn and usually resists change. Its kinda like riding on the track...you hang off, you brake a little later, gas a little earlier, put new gearing etc. etc. Then...when you add up all the shit you end up puttin around at a good clip. The same holds true about changing your body. You eat several times a day, you change your routine slightly you eat this here and that there and finally when it all comes together it works. And....you make it a habit.

There are alot of people that just "want to loose weight" and the only thing that changes is the portions. Well..if you were a big pear, guess what? You're now just a small pear waiting to be a big pear again. Makes little sense.

If you are not willing to put the time in to do it the "right" way you aren't going to change. Period. So just give up and be like the majority in this country and stay fat. I really do not know what more to say.

You first need more sleep and second you need to do morning cardio on the off lifting days. 60 minutes lifting is also good enough, you don't need 1.5 hours. Also, unless you are going for engineering, you shouldn't be doing 3 hours of homework every night. The hours before 12am are the ones that count and sleep is much more important.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote