Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1
Question Hiring Managers, H/R peeps - Couple of questions for ya....

Ok, I need some feedback here, and if any of you peeps are/have been hiring managers or H/R reps in the past, please pipe in.

I've got three balls in the air right now; two positions I've already interviewed for (1 of them twice) that I should hear back on by week's end, and another I'm interviewing with tomorrow.

Question 1.) The interview I've got tomorrow, the woman made a point of telling me "We're pretty casual here; I know people feel they need to dress up, put on a suit, but we're not like that here. Slacks and... well... any old top will be just fine."

So do I listen to her? For some interviews, I dress up more than others, but at the very least, it's very nice dress pants and a nice blouse/tailored button down (not manly button down, but not a t-shirt, either!). Do I go with that, or do I try to dress it down a bit more???? I've just never had someone tell me to NOT dress up (normally it's recruiters telling me "Dress to impress!"), so I dunno how to handle it properly.

Question 2.) I touched base with the guy I'd interviewed with last week to check status, see if there was any other info he needed from me, etc... (he told me last week they'd make a decision this week). When we spoke, he said they were POSSIBLY going to hire two people for this spot, but he wasn't sure; they'd see how hectic things were once the program rolled out, and maybe bring one person in, and then once things settled down, bring in another person, and have person #1 train/mentor them. Truth be told, I can't see in a million years how they'll need 2 people. (I could be wrong, but it doesn't sound like they will).

Anyway, so in his response today, he said his only concern is that they won't be able to meet my salary requirements. Of course, salaries are always negotiable - to a point. So do I just treat that casually, and tell him it's negotiable, or is there a tactful way to tell him "You won't NEED two people if you hire me, so in reality, you'll be SAVING money...." ( ).

HALP!!!!!!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote