Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #13
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

I pretty much couldn't watch anything on TV yesterday, recounting the day. My sister worked in the WTC (I think 7WTC also, but can't remember for sure) and we didn't know until probably 8PM EST if she was alive or not.

Some of you know this story already, but for those that don't, she is a very high level Federal Agent and it is only through pure chance (she had her agents at a training the night before so they were all scheduled to go in late that day) that she wasn't in her office. And when she got there, because of her position, she was to help get people out. She was literally running towards 2WTC to go in and help moments before it collapsed when SOMETHING (not someONE, someTHING) threw her backwards with such force that she had bruises on her back from it, and then the building fell.

Anyway, I know I'm extremely lucky to have not lost her, and that I wasn't actually there, but the absolute horror of spending that day waiting for the phone call is something I'll never forget. I sat at work (they wouldn't let us leave) crying my eyes out all day. When my mom finally called me she was sobbing so hard I thought the worst. Thankfully she was crying with relief that my sister had finally been able to get through to her as she'd been evacuated to whatever that aircraft carrier is in NY to start working on the investigation into what happened. She spent weeks assisting in the rescue and recovery efforts. To this day she has barely spoken of what she saw, other than what I've written above, and when she had to testify as part of the 9/11 commission about what their findings were.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote