Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #15
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Troy, im no pro, i've never gone through something like this before. But as backwards as this sounds, sneak away and go for a ride. Just a relaxing, slow ride, to think and see how you feel.

Your family of course comes first. But you LOVE riding, and this isnt a reason to stop. Your friend died while doing what he loved. While that is sad, its more than any of us could ever hope for.

Death is a chance we take everytime we walk outside. Those of us who ride, obviously are taking a little bigger chance, but we know that, and find it worth it. Your friend knew that. And you knew that.

Nothing is ever going to take away the hurt. But you cant let the world scare you either. Did you say you'd never love again when you and your wife split up? I doubt it. I know it didnt involve death, but still traumatic.

The best way to honor those who died before their time, is to live life to the fullest, both for yourself and them. Giving up riding wouldnt be doing that. And im sure your friend would want you to live life, no matter how selfish you may think he was.

I know we had our differences in the past at cf sometimes (mostly over your faith and my lack of), but i've always had a ton of respect for you. If your faith is as strong as ever, then you believe god took him for some greater purpose. Hold on to that belief, and find comfort in it. Giving up isnt holding on. Good luck my friend, I hope I helped even just a little.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote