Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default Awesome night scuba diving

For me anyway. I was invited on a boat dive off the jersey shore, froze my ass off, I think that the water was in the 50's, and even with 10mm of wetsuit it got cold after a few minutes and I wound up just surfacing early instead of freezing. Anyway One of the other divers blew an air hose and started to surface way too fast, anyway i was hanging 30 feet from the surface and I see this guy shooting straight up at me, way faster that was safe for him to surface. Anyway I sorta cought him with my body and was able to hang on the to the anchor line only moving about 10 feet closer to the surface from the impact, right away I saw that his regulator was out of his mouth so I shoved my spare in and we stayed for 10 minutes while I waited for his computer to give him the green light to surface.

Long story short the guy ran out of air and nearly surfaced too fast which could have given him the bends. The guy got real freaked out when we got on the boat, crying and screaming. When we got back to the slip the guy had basically sworn off diving and wound up selling me 2 of his tanks for $60.

He also wound up going to the hospital anyway because he said his chest hurt, possibly from over expanding his lungs.

other than that I had a blast, plus I walked away with 2 new tanks.