Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2009, 01:07 AM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
See but this is why I left Michigan. I was diagnosed with throat cancer in '06 and after a couple surgeries to remove the other tumors they decided that the one on my jugular has got to stay. It would have been easy to give up at that point, too easy. I watched my father waste away and die this way spitting blood as he drowned in it. I definitely don't want to go out like that. I also don't want to make other people watch me die that way either. I couldn't take the "coward's way out" so I took a different coward's way out and split. Cashed everything in, severed all ties and moved away. It was easier for everyone. I can go to my chemo sessions in peace and they can go on with their lives. If it magically goes away, then I'll possibly go back. If I die, they'll never even know. Win, win!

Besides, who knows maybe Bambi will finally get me!
I think situations like that are a bit different than the person who is just stressed from loosing their job or their favorite TV show got cancelled. packing it in while still healthy and coherent can be a good alternative to a long paiful death in some cases.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote