Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #28
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Id also like to think the way our brains works plays a factor. Women are capable of thinking about many things at the same time, whether we should be or not. I know I have been around the track thinking "hottdamn, this is awesome, Im gonna kill myself, hope this dude keeps his line, if I blow this turn I will blow the next three, body positioning-check", all at the SAME time. I think about road conditions, tire temp, whether my bike is tip top, whether its a good idea to push it, remembering I have a trip coming up, I dont want broken bones for it... All of which keeps me riding more conservatively than I know I and the bike are capable of.
I have this trouble too, although I'd never admit to Erik because he would forbid me to ride at the track. I think it is the woman's ability to multi task, even if we are doing 100+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
There aren't a lot of imminent collision circumstances involved during teddy bear tea parties or playing with a Barbie Dream House. Hell, we were always pushing it on our bicycles and our favorite games involved throwing things at each other-rocks, balls, snowballs, sticks, walnuts, you name it. How the different sexes react in "crisis" situations may be part of the problem, but is it biological or is it conditioned? Heck, I've seen fags act worse than little girls when they are about to be hit.
Not all of us girls has the Barbie Dolls and such. I grew up with dirt track racing but never got in a car... wanted to drive a sprint car. Actually, I wanted to flip one first to get that fear out of the way, then I wanted to drive one the right way. A girl I was in school with races. Her Dad did it and I think still does, as well as her husband. She kicks ass. She has won a couple championships locally and doesn't take the guys shit. Granted I think car racing is a little different than bikes, but it is still an example of a girl excelling in a man's world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
There's probably some bank teller, nurses, pre-school teachers etc. out there that could dust Danika Patrick
I was hoping no one would bring her up.

Honestly I think everyone has a valid point on why women aren't more successful in motorcycle racing. But I know for me personally, Erik is a big part of why I don't go much faster than I do. I don't blame him for it because it is me that allows him to affect me the way he does. He gets so nervous and stressed out even if I want to ride to work by myself. So I try to be considerate of that and not stress him out to badly, but I want to excel and have fun too.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote