Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Just a question, you didn't buy into the motorcyclist lifestyle? You ride solely to feel the wind in your face? Because, if you didn't buy into a lifestyle, why are you on THE KING liter bike? Especially when you say you don't ride hard anymore..

I started riding when I was young because it was a natural progression from bikes for me. A motorcycle was cheap, economical transportation for a poor halfbreed trying to make his way alone in the world at 16 (both of my parents were dead). I got an old MX250 off a guy for mowing his lawn and fixed it up myself to get it running (man it was a pos). Later when I was in the military, I bought a used Harley (pos) then a new 883 (pos) and then a 1200 (also a pos!). I got an Uncle's Yamaha and it was over for HD in my life! I've been riding liter+ bikes since the early 80s so I guess that's what I'm used to... to be honest, I don't even think about it. I suppose that I could live with a smaller bike but in all honesty, I always end up buying the liter, partially because, well a 600 costs 10+k and a 1000 costs about 11k so.... In fact, I seriously thought about the 750 but I actually got my bike for over $1,000 less. I never bought into a "lifestyle" though... Oh and I've had this bike for 4 years, my slowing down was partially brought on by throat cancer year before last so the two things aren't necessarily connected.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote