Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Rider
Moto GP Star

Default Man accidently kills wife with chainsaw

Ummm how to you kill someone with a chainsaw on accident? That's like saying I'm sorry I fucked your wife.. If was an accident.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local..._with_chainsaw

Man accidently kills
wife with chainsaw
Investigators say no foul play
involved

Updated: Monday, 11 May 2009, 12:42 PM EDT
Published : Sunday, 10 May 2009, 5:53 PM EDT

OTSEGO, Mich. (WOOD) - The human resources director for Allegan County was killed in a chainsaw accident Sunday afternoon.

The incident happened around 2:05 p.m. at the couple's home, 765 Woodlea Drive in Otsego.

Deb and Jerry Daniels were trying to cut down a tree in their yard when she was hit in the neck with the chainsaw her husband was operating.

"I heard a cry for help, so I came outside and at that time I saw what was going on, and I rendered as much aid as I possibly could," said David Labonte, a neighbor and deputy for the Allegan County Sheriff's Department. "I'm glad that based on my position that I was the one that was the first to respond."

But nothing could help the 39-year-old woman. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Labonte said he cannot relate to what Deb's husband is feeling.

"I just can't even imagine," he said. "It's something I can't even fathom what he must be going through at this moment."

Investigators will continue to look into the details of what went wrong, but say there appears to be no foul play.

"In my mind personally, not having anything to do with the investigation, I honestly believe it was an accident," Labonte said. "I never heard them fight. They've always gotten along whenever you talked to them. He lived for her, she lived for him."

People in the neighborhood say the couple is loved very much.

Allegan County sent an e-mail regarding the accident to staff members that stated "Right now our thoughts and prayers are with her husband, her parents, and family...Deb's warm friendly personality touched those around her, and she will be sorely missed."

Funeral arrangements are still pending.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote