Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You don't need a motorcycle or sportscars and yet people have them.... Kids having cars to get places such as work in some areas is much more a need than the toys we buy. You are straying for the topic. Which is too many cars for the garage.

If you have a large family in areas that don't have public trans (which is a lot of america outside the large cities, we have terrible public trans here) that has different schedules and the need for each to have their own vehicle is great, than yes, a middle class family is not going to have enough garage space to fit all their vehicles because lets face it a true middle class family is not going to be able to afford a 4-5 car garage home that wasn't custom built to be a small home with a huge garage..
All true.......But you have to admit that cars parked not only in the driveway but out on the street make a neigborhood look lame. One or two NICE cars in the driveway look good........but beyond that............After all, if your family has 4-5 cars it's likely at least one of them is going to be on the street. And this affects property values, if potential home shoppers visit the area and then reject it for appearance reasons. Especially if some of those cars happen to be old and junky, as most teenager's cars are.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote