Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
Frostz28
Redneck

Moto: 2005 GSXR 750
Default washing the bike

First of let me apologize if there is already a thread about this, I searched and didn't find anything. Second, let me apologize if this has been asked a thousand times. On to the question. After several months of neglect my bike is finally getting a much needed detailing. I stripped her plastics, and took them to the basement. (its cold and rainy and my garage lacks proper lighting to do it out there) I can handle the washing of the plastics, my question pertains to the rest of the bike. Can I just take the hose to the rest of the bike? Im sure its mostly waterproof since you can ride in the rain but is it totally waterproof? Should I avoid spraying any specific areas? Also should I steer clear of any "engine cleaner"? its pretty greasy and dirty so I would love to spray some engine brite on it and get her real clean but I don't want to damage anything. for those of you who wash your ride regularly whats your normal process?

"Guys like me drink to many beers on Friday after work, our best blue jeans have skoal rings, we wear our boots to church"
Frostz28 is offline   Reply With Quote