Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #11
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Where to start............

In my youth (yes, I WAS young once) I would read and research and all that stuff.

Now I look for deals on interesting bikes; buy for price and resale, knowing that I'll be riding another one in a couple of weeks or months. Most of the fun for me is in riding and comparing all the great stuff out there. There really are damn few BAD bikes.
What about the Bimota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
My current bikes don't really count - they were part dream... part making things simple. One bike can serve parts to another so I don't ever have all bikes down. So, if something happens, I can order parts / snag parts and always have one running.

I'm right now researching motards... KTM is winning. That, primarily because they are run internationally through deserts, ponds, snow, everything and don't die...
I've seen on another forum where a couple guys have blown their KTM's... Treat it like any other dirtbike and you'll be fine though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I read alot of mags. But the reviews are very similar. Almost identical. So they can't be trust too much. I look at torque, not necessarily HP. And the torque curve. Flat wins. Usability. I'm not gonna roll at 150, 160, 180+ mph. So top end don't mean shit to me. I want power where I can use it. Vtwin all the way. Buell has a nice torque curve, and they handle well. They are also unique and not every knucklehead on the block has one. In fact, no knucklheads own them. Win.
I am a knucklehead and I own a Buell.

For me it was looks, v-twin, and then I rode one. I was looking for v-twins in any sort of variety and always liked the Buells... I wanted to pay cash for something, but I was sick of looking and knew I could afford the payments. Then I sold my bike and went the next weekend to test ride a Buell. I bought my bike that day.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote