Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2009, 08:27 AM   #11
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
I choose what I donate now a days.

There's a billion people that work in our ER. It seems we are always collecting for something. I could easily spend 100 bucks a month on donations. Someone's mother/father/cat died. Someone lost their job. Someone's retiring...

We have a locked drawer with an envelop inside with the persons name on it. If you want to donate, you chuck some money in. Lots of times people collect for different little things and I'll throw in some money for gifts, treats, etc... even if I wont be a apart of the festivities.

With all the parents, I don't buy crap for school fund raisers "just cuz". I hate girl scout cookies. I don't need 30 energy efficient light bulbs. I don't need overpriced Xmas paper, popcorn, citrus fruit, huge blocks of cheese. It's all crap in large quantities. If I have a kid that needs the raise money for things, I am going to make them work for other people. Baby sitting. Snow shoveling. Grass cutting. Sweeping... Child labor. That's what I am talking about.
Exactly. When I was a kid and the school gave me chocolates or Christmas cards to sell in a fund raiser, my parents taught me that it was my responsibility to sell them myself. Of course it was always the kids who had their parents, grandparents, and neighbours sell the stuff that always won the prizes for most sold. I think most of them are working on Bay Street (Toronto's Wall Street) these days..... if they're still working.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote