Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I understand but it is different now than it was then. If Janis Joplin started singing now, do you thinks she'd have a hit? Hell no, she'd be lucky to make it into a hole in the wall and probably told she can't perform until everyone is hammered drunk. Many of our rock stars of yesterday probably wouldn't have made it big if people saw them more than they heard their music. Rolling Stones, Dylan, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Zeppelin, etc where some ugly ass motherfuckers. But because their music had more play than their image they were able to make it big.

What are Beyounce's biggest hits? I have no clue but every single one of them became big AFTER she made a music video. And with internet and TV channels decicated to nothing but celebrity gossip. Looking good is the only way to make it today.
Yeah and who the fuck was Elvis before he made a couple movies and television appearances? In fact,almost all rock and roll stars have been on tv,including everyone you've named. Back in the day women LOVED Steven Tyler,Mick Jager,Eric Clapton,etc. Heck,half of the acts you've mentioned did put out music videos...besides before MTV,there were TONS of magazines that promoted musicians. I'm sorry buddy but you don't have any idea what you are talking about! Bing Crosby's career was boosted using movies and spots on tv/radio shows. Multi media is not a new concept,the outlets have just changed over the years.

Oh and but Janis Joplin couldn't sing for shit! I'd take Beyonce',Cristina Aguillera,Allysha Keys,etc for pure talent and vocal range over Janis Joplin any day!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 02-08-2009 at 08:09 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote