Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650
Default I got laid off!

So my wish has come true! Came into today and within an hour was walking out the door! I was laid off and my company was under the W.A.R.N. act. Which makes things easier since i wasn't fired for cause, i can call the unemployment office on monday and get the ball rolling. i will get paid my base and commissions through 2/15 and my vaca days.

I was truly hating that place! I made it to the last round of layoffs before the place completely shuts down which it still may on 2/15. Went went from having about 70 people working in my dept to like 9 plus now the managers stepping down.

No more corporate america for me! I'm done. The reason why i did suck it up was because i needed the health insurance, since back in NYC, if you wanted to buy your own policy it was like 6-700 dollars. Here, if i had to get on one, even a crappy one, i got a quote for $150 a month with statefarm and i sure i can find better plans.

Not sure what i will do, prob go back into personal training for a while as my bread and butter and i'll start hitting the talent agencies out here to see if i can get in on some steady convention modeling work and other part time work.

I'm always on the go, but i'm making a promise to myself to not think about work, looking for work, starting a business, etc for at least 2 weeks. And i still need a weekend getaway!

I cant' stop smiling, its been the happiest day of the last 6 months for me! I'm so sick of working for idiots!
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote