Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #11
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
I started playing in third grade. When I was younger, we made fun of anyone who tried to act to get the foul called. But the acting seemed to get more and more prevalent as we got older. By the time I was playing in high school, some of the guys considered it part of the game. Still, it was mostly a problem with the strikers (offense). Once I was out of high school and playing some rec leagues, it seemed like anyone who wasn't a first or second year player was a fucking prima donna bucking for an Oscar.

I was 13 when I watched the World Cup for the first time, and holy shit that was an eye opener. And now it seems like whenever I'm watching a pro game, anybody who hits the ground is clutching their leg and rocking. I'm waiting for the keepers to start that shit whenever they dive for a save.

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to outplay the opposing team to win at a competitive sport, not con the refs into winning it for me.
I concur.

As a kid it seemed that the European and S. American players were the actors but like you said, as I got older it became more and more prevalent.

I feel like the ref's sharesome blame too. If they would make the call or pull a card unless they saw the foul with thier own eyes, I think a lot of this would die down.

P. S. It is not just soccer. Watch an NBA game lately?
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote