Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #25
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
Definitely, full volume screamin inside the helmet. I can't sing Lollipop in there anymore, because I catch myself bouncing the front up evertyime Iget to "pop"

so its like "Lolly*vroom*pop lolli*vroom*pop oooh lolli lolli *vroom*pop"

hahahaha... what kind of fruitcake sings lollipop in their helmet?!?

I also often force myself to relax with long slow breaths when riding hard, which would probably sound creepy as fuck to other riders
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I dunno, if you have a decent gap between riders it could come in handy for acknowledging hazards and/or changes to the ride plan... I can think of a few instances in which it would have been VERY handy, even assisting with safety... and a number of other instances in which it would have been just fun to communicate what's going on with more effeciency than hand signals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
If you would of been on the ride to indy, you would of seen how nice it would of been to have something of that nature to use. It's not really needed for local rides, but long rides where you are spending all day on the bike, it could come in real handy.
Points taken.

I guess most of the rides I do with other people we'll rip a road we like a couple times, get some food, trek over to another road, rip it a bit, etc.... so it's not like we're ever riding for that long at once without a stop sign to check on people and such.

The safety or heads up thing makes some sense OSP... however I never ride in groups large enough that the rear person wouldn't be able to see the front group. Usually it's 4 or 5 of us at the most... when I come upon something I kick out a foot to give people a heads up if there's sand or whatever.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote