Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Where would you live?
Las Vegas, NV 4 8.33%
Atlanta, GA 9 18.75%
Jacksonville, FL 8 16.67%
Phoenix, AZ 10 20.83%
Ft. Worth, TX 5 10.42%
Tator's whore of an ex-wife's vagina 12 25.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #23
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Will it shock you to know I'm going with Phoenix?

Here's why:

Vegas: Fun to visit, however, living there, no way, unless you like 24/7 insanity, which is what the main area of the city proper is, or, boredom outside of that area.

Atlanta: Humid. High crime rate. And I'm just not a fan of that area of the country. And yes, I have spent a fair amount of time there.

Jacksonville: Flat. Humid. I don't know how much of a concern hurricanes are in that area but, no way I'd live in a hurricane area again. I do love the ocean but were I going to live near it again it would be in SoCal.

Ft. Worth: I know nothing about it but is it different enough from Austin to make moving within the state worth it?

Phoenix: People bitch about how hot it gets here for 2 to 3 months of the year but what they don't understand is after you become acclimated, it really does NOT feel that bad. I'll take the hot over that bullshit white stuff any day. I know people who don't enjoy the heat or who just visit for a couple of days don't get that, but, its true. Other than that, there is year round riding here, awesome roads, you're a few hours from the ocean if you want to see it, mountains everywhere, you can drive 2 hours to visit snow in the winter if you'd like, and now that the housing market is correcting IMO, awesome homes are very affordable. And while it is the desert, you're 2 hours away from VERY non-desert area.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote