Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS
Default Garmin 205W sucks monkey weiner and Ebbs is a douche nozzle, what GPS unit is better?

I got a 205W for christmas and terribly disappointed with it. It's routing is terrible and there is no option to reroute to an full alternative route except for minor detour changes as you go unlike a complete reroute Tom Tom's offer. The route avoidance feature lacks a interstate avoidance, how lame is that... And you have to buy 700 series plus to save routes and transfer routes from mapsource. POI is seriously lacking the ability to draw up fun routes unless you use a ton of POIs. I could make due without some of these features, but interstate avoidance is a biggy for me because it takes forever to force a no interstate route for my POIs. Does any of the budget Garmins offer interstate avoidance to ya'll knowledge? I would like to stick with garmin, but their lack of features and routing on the budget GPS' are terrible in comparison to tom tom's of the same cost that I have used. I think I am going to call Garmin up tomorrow and ask some support questions, I can't understand why highway avoidance is an option, but interstate avoidance wasn't. I plugged in a destination with highway avoidance on yesterday for a route that was 1 hour away by highways and it took the interstate to some far away place and came back on non numbered roads and it took 14 hours to get there by the garmin's estimation. That's freaking retarded...

I think I am going to return it.

Anyone have some feature packed budget GPS' that ya'll recommend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote