Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #25
dreaded
Unregisturd

Moto: CBR1k DRZsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
think of it this way... how does the government take away your license? because it's a PRIVLEGE they allow you to Drive or Ride on their roads... so they have the RIGHT to determine what requirements you must meet to get that Privlege.

take Zoomies track... she can invite us to ride on her track... but she has final say as to what requirements we have to meet. if halfway through the day she wants us all to ride in Pink leathers... she has the right to request it... if we don't... she has the RIGHT to boot us off her track.

and give me a break... I'm not saying everything the government does is a good idea... I'm just saying that in THIS case they're not taking away a right. they're making more requirements for you to utilize a PRIVLEGE.
Logic fail #2. I paid for those roads with my tax dollars.

I never said they took away a right. They are limiting freedom. NOTHING is a right. No man has ANY inherent rights from anyone ever. Yes, there are governments and churches that will tell you there are some or that you can have some. This isn't about "rights." RIGHTS (the way that people like you perceive them) are just an affront to TRUE freedom.

Who told you that riding without a helmet was a Bad Idea™?
dreaded is offline   Reply With Quote