Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-31-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)
Default Parents of the year gathering!!!

Yesterday I stopped into Buffalo's (southwestern style restaurant) for some food. Well I saw a display you don't see much often anymore.

Well sitting in there I see a young couple come in with their two young kids. the little boy probably 6 or so starts running around. The mother tells it to stop and it keeps disobeying. She gives it another warning and says if he keeps it up he's getting a spanking. Well he kept it up and down came the patns and wack! Wack! Wack! She turned the hiney red. The kid suddenly behaved well. People applauded the mom too, it was fucking awesome!!!

Then later on some kid about 9-10 comes in with an Ipod in his ears. They sit down with some of their family members near me and I hear his mom say "You need to take those out at the table". The kid says "I don't want to". The mother then goes "you have 10 seconds or I'm going to spank you right here". Out comes the ipod.

It was such a pleasent eating experience. A lot of parents just let their kids run amuck and cause all kinds of trouble and they won't discipline it. A good refreshment to know some parents still have the balls to be parents.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

at one time when my son was younger I finally got him to only telling him once, he knew I didn't want to repeat myself. there damn sure wasn't any counting. his mother screwed it up though.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

My wife spoils our kids so darn bad she will ask for something a few time then I tell them and they do it right away.

They don't give me any lip cause I take things away and they know I will not give it back for a few days maybe a week if I forget. I will lock out/tag out the TV if they piss me off. I forgot to take it back off one day and the wife was like what the hell? My reply "little brats pissed me off".
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

My parents didn't take us out to eat until we were about 10 years old.

Nowdays many a meal has been ruined by crappy parents with crappy kids.
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:04 AM   #5
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

The worst is Movies...Stop letting your 13 year old Teeny Booper go see an Adult oriented film...Were a group of them Laugh and giggle...Im paying 10 Dollars for this if I wanted to be annoyed Id go to the carnival or some shit...its a movie...shut the fuck up and watch it....

We went to see wolverine and these two guys behind me and 6 of my friends were talking for the first 10 minutes...The middle guy turned around and Kindly asked if he could shut up...dude gave him lip and tried to get tough and we all turned around and said shut the fuck up...Everyone around us clapped...Lol

Thats probably one of my BIGGEST pet peeves ever...Dont talk at a movie.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:38 AM   #6
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
My parents didn't take us out to eat until we were about 10 years old.

Nowdays many a meal has been ruined by crappy parents with crappy kids.

When I was little.. if we acted up... my Mom would bring the smackdown. It never failed that when we ate out someone would stop by our table and comment to my parents about what well behaved kids we were. There were 3 of us, all under the age of 5 (5, 4 and 1). It meant nothin to me then, but it does now.

Nowadays, it cracks me up when I hear a parent complain how difficult it is to handle one kid. Pluuuzzze. (*rollin' mah eyes) And now when I see it, I go out of my way to tell the parents of well behaved kids that I think they're doing a great job.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:56 AM   #7
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

My mother was one of those that followed through with the threat. Her tactic was to get down on our level, pull us in close and state "If you don't behave right now, I am going to take down your pants and smack your bare bottom in front of everyone!". And she would. It happened to me once in a Kroger when I was about 5. I was beyond embarrassed. She wasn't so much into the hurt factor, as making us look like dumbasses for our actions.

And it works.

I think I got wacked 3 times in my life.

I'm gonna be one of those parents. I will spank if needed.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #8
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Heather is having good parnting practice this past weekend by watching my daughters. Y'all know my stance on spanking, so I won't go back into that. But, I do believe in well behaved children. Whining children make me insane enough to say something.... Don't even get me started about parents that expect everyone else to watch their children while on public, this past weekend was rediculous with that....damn ill behaved monsters climbing on bikes should be a crime.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #9
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Heather is having good parnting practice this past weekend by watching my daughters. Y'all know my stance on spanking, so I won't go back into that. But, I do believe in well behaved children. Whining children make me insane enough to say something.... Don't even get me started about parents that expect everyone else to watch their children while on public, this past weekend was rediculous with that....damn ill behaved monsters climbing on bikes should be a crime.
Yeah, if I do have kids, I am going to be taking lessons from you. Those kids are just fantastic. I'm really not exaggerating.

I did have to ground Sandra last night for bringing Lexie home late.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Yeah, if I do have kids, I am going to be taking lessons from you. Those kids are just fantastic. I'm really not exaggerating.

I did have to ground Sandra last night for bringing Lexie home late.

I bet she says no and means it.
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote