Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
Switch
dadbod

Default New Rear Tire

So my Corsa III was on its last leg. Basically it was down to the cords, which is bad.

So I decided to take the qualifiers off of my spare set of wheels for the CBR and put them on my SV.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the correct size allen wrench for the front, so I have a qualifier on the rear and a corsa III on the front. However, the front was fine, so, whatever.

On a side note: I took off from my buddy's house after getting the tire put on and the rear slipped on the first corner. Oddly enough, I just gave it more gas by habit... I think it's because the last two times I was on a bike, it was a dirtbike, riding on dirt. Somehow, I don't think the rear sliding bothers me anymore... I don't know if thats good... probably not.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
t-homo
WSB Champion

My rossos show very little squaring after 1000 miles of superslab. I was pretty excited about that.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I'm getting a new rear on my bike tommorow. I'll be getting the Pilot Road 2 and hopefully will get more life out of it. Next tire change I'll probably bail from the Michelins for something cheaper unless I become very happy with the PR2. I have a 2ct on the front and am happy with that.

If I can find someone who isn't engulfed in going to our local college game because they copied some other team by having a "blackout" (Where everyone wears black colors instead of red) I'll get a sweet burnout video.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Definitely gonna need some feedback on the pr2, thats what Im lookin to get next.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:13 AM   #5
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Definitely gonna need some feedback on the pr2, thats what Im lookin to get next.
No problem. I'll hit a few twisty roads around my area to wear the tire in but next week I might make a run in the mountains and push it. Not so sure because I have a family reunion next Saturday and my family from South Georgia comes up who do nothing but eat boiled peanuts, watch UGA football, and drink a keg a peice. So I'll probably be dead.

But I've heard nothing but good about them.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
No problem. I'll hit a few twisty roads around my area to wear the tire in but next week I might make a run in the mountains and push it. Not so sure because I have a family reunion next Saturday and my family from South Georgia comes up who do nothing but eat boiled peanuts, watch UGA football, and drink a keg a peice. So I'll probably be dead.

Same here. Ive even heard a couple guys that have run em on the track and they did all right, but its always good to hear another opinion.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post

Alright sounds like some sweet dating opportunities are coming up in your future!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #8
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

After slipping around on the street and track, it doesn't bother me as much anymore. Even when the front and rear slipped at the same time my last TD. I think it's just experience. I'm collected enough to register what's happening and not panic and the only thing I tell myself is not to make abrupt changes or anything while it's happening. Just ride it out and hope for the best.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:40 PM   #9
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
After slipping around on the street and track, it doesn't bother me as much anymore. Even when the front and rear slipped at the same time my last TD. I think it's just experience. I'm collected enough to register what's happening and not panic and the only thing I tell myself is not to make abrupt changes or anything while it's happening. Just ride it out and hope for the best.
its only happened to me once or twice but i remember to tell myself to stay loose and let the bike handle things extra hard not locking my arms sometimes
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:47 PM   #10
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
its only happened to me once or twice but i remember to tell myself to stay loose and let the bike handle things extra hard not locking my arms sometimes
Yup, just let the bike handle things.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote