Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default So I hit a deer today....

Yep,my bike is semi-destroyed! I hit a deer coming home from New Bern (about 40 miles away). Deer jumped up in front of me out of no where and *POW*,deer blood and bike parts EVERYWHERE!!! What a mess!!! Deer was D.O.I. and my bike is in critical condition,we'll see... I've been thinking about doing some track days before I die so this might be an opportunity in disguise! Sorry about no pics but I didn't have a camera on me and they came and scooped up me,the bike and the deer. I guess I could take pics of the bike this weekend if I get a chance plus I could get you some pics of my blood soaked jeans and stuff. Oh well,I knew this bike was cursed from the start!

Has anybody heard any rumors about the 2009 GSXR1000 yet???
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Glad to see you posting after the deer committing suicide into your bike Could have very easily been much worse.

What gear where you wearing?

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
Glad to see you posting after the deer committing suicide into your bike Could have very easily been much worse.

What gear where you wearing?

Jeff

Oh some shorts and Moto-sandals and my Lil' Wayne wife beater... My normal stuff,jeans,boots,Akuma helmet,gloves,Icon knee guards,Icon Accelerant perf jacket. The usual.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

did you go down or take the impact like a champ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
did you go down or take the impact like a champ?
Took it like a champ! This is my third time to this party so I was ready for it. I braced my arms and tore bambi a new one! It has GOT to be statistically impossible for one guy to have hit deer on a bike three fucking times! Man,Trip me and my bike look like we went to the prom at Carrie's high school! What a mess! The EMTs were like,"where are you bleeding,sir? We have to stop the bleeding!!!"

From what I understand,the suicidal deer had been depressed lately and had really slipped into a melancholy funk when she found her man Rudolph in the bushes with another doe enjoying some "reindeer games"... or so the locals tell me. They found a prescription for Paxil in her pocket and a note that read," Goodbye,Rudy I wish your bright fucking nose could have helped you find your way thru the fog of your feelings for me", signed Clarice.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:22 PM   #6
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Took it like a champ! This is my third time to this party so I was ready for it. I braced my arms and tore bambi a new one! It has GOT to be statistically impossible for one guy to have hit deer on a bike three fucking times! Man,Trip me and my bike look like we went to the prom at Carrie's high school! What a mess! The EMTs were like,"where are you bleeding,sir? We have to stop the bleeding!!!"

From what I understand,the suicidal deer had been depressed lately and had really slipped into a melancholy funk when she found her man Rudolph in the bushes with another doe enjoying some "reindeer games"... or so the locals tell me. They found a prescription for Paxil in her pocket and a note that read," Goodbye,Rudy I wish your bright fucking nose could have helped you find your way thru the fog of your feelings for me", signed Clarice.
ha funny post.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #7
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh some shorts and Moto-sandals and my Lil' Wayne wife beater... My normal stuff,jeans,boots,Akuma helmet,gloves,Icon knee guards,Icon Accelerant perf jacket. The usual.
Knee guards help? Rut starts here in a few weeks so I'll have to watch out even more.
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:28 PM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
Knee guards help? Rut starts here in a few weeks so I'll have to watch out even more.
I didn't go down this time but in the past the knee guards have saved my ass er knees a few other times!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:30 PM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

thanks for the well wishes! Yea it sucks! Just when I had the thing EXACTLY how I wanted it! Oh well...
Old 08-06-2008, 10:10 PM   #10
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Damn bro... sorry to hear about that... glad your alright though...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote