Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R
Default Average intelligence on message boards.

I've been doing the motorcycle message board thing for about ten years now. And in that time I've been pretty lucky. Most of the forums I use have fairly intelligent to absolutely brilliant people with the occasional idiot thrown in the mix who either becomes a troll or disappears.

I didn't realize how lucky I had been until I bought my dirt bike and started browsing/posting on dirt forums.

Good lord! The average intelligence is in the negatives.

I wish I could narrow it down to one or two things to show you, but it's so bad it hurts my head to read most of the threads.

You should see the 2 stroke vs 4 stroke debates. They make you want to claw our your eyes and smash your fingers with a hammer so you can't access a computer ever again.

In closing, thank you for not being a bunch of idiots. Their average user makes our dumbest user look like a nuclear physicist...
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
goof2
AMA Supersport

The quality of discussion can definitely vary based on subject matter. I've recently had a renewed interest in radio controlled vehicles and there is a lot of what you describe on those as well. If I had to guess I'd say the primary factor is the average age of users. Both dirt bikes and R/C typically attract kids while street bikes will have riders who are a bit older. This site in particular seems to attract riders who may be even a little older than the average. Kids are morons and it tends to come through in their writing.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
CasterTroy

Where have you been exploring?

I too am looking for a dirt based forum that has less knowitalls and and trolls, and more info.

ADV rider has got a wealth of information, but man-alive are the members crusty bitter old bastards! If you don't have 35,829 posts...you're really nothing to them!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Where have you been exploring?

I too am looking for a dirt based forum that has less knowitalls and and trolls, and more info.

ADV rider has got a wealth of information, but man-alive are the members crusty bitter old bastards! If you don't have 35,829 posts...you're really nothing to them!
ADV rider is still like that, always heard it was prety snobby over there.

You can always go to gixxer.com if you want to lower your IQ by a few points
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
ADV rider is still like that, always heard it was prety snobby over there.

You can always go to gixxer.com if you want to lower your IQ by a few points
Gixxer.com is populated by rocket scientists compared to some of the dirt forums.

We have thread titles such as, "Help with seat removel". Manufacturers should really make it more obvious. The only two bolts attached to the seat should come with instructions.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Gixxer.com is populated by rocket scientists compared to some of the dirt forums.

We have thread titles such as, "Help with seat removel". Manufacturers should really make it more obvious. The only two bolts attached to the seat should come with instructions.
WOW now that is bad. I never saw any epic threads from those forums like the guy who put energy drink in his tank or the guy who drilled his ECU
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
We have thread titles such as, "Help with seat removel".
Yeah I've not been fond of TT and don't post there.

I've got the DRZ torn down in the garage now rejetting it. Shop manual, and pages from 4strokes.com printed and strown everywhere

Good info, but their forum is crap.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
And if they really don't like you they'll start trying to hack into your bank account, Paypal account, pull your credit report, etc. etc.... some crazy motherfuckers.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
And if they really don't like you they'll start trying to hack into your bank account, Paypal account, pull your credit report, etc. etc.... some crazy motherfuckers.
[sings] Jealousy...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
[sings] Jealousy...
Maybe some...but I think a lot of them were absolutely convinced that I was a con-artist who had planned to do it the way it turned out all along. The amount of hate mail was staggering.

Fuck man, I got some hate mail around a month or so ago when my thread on ADV was resurrected and Whip came to my defense. By the time I got to it I saw that they decided to go ahead and lock it down. Which was sad, but a relief at the same time.

Still, wrap your head around that....getting hate mail 4 years after the fact...
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote