Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom
Default Would you like to live in a super small house?

I could possibly see doing something like this if I was single and never wanted to have a girl over to my place, let alone, get married. But don't know that I could go quite that small.

http://vitality.yahoo.com/video-seco...hafer-20910192
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

I watched that vid yesterday. Not sure if I can go that small either but I do like the idea of it. I don't think I can do it until I have owned my own house and get sick of maintaining it first.

I move around alot as it is and right now I am down to living with the bare minimum. Its quite liberating and though I don't ever want to have more than I need again, I would eventually like to set roots down some where, at least for a while.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Says the vid isn't avail...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

I thought my place was small at 620 sqft. NOT! I wonder if I could get my two dogs and two cats in that house...for about 5 minutes.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

I can see the appeal... but damn...

I even told Uma that I could see the appeal to selling everything and going to a RV when I retired... like "F this place, peace out".

Run Amsoil Product
Old 07-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I lived in a camper even smaller than that for around a year. It was definitely one of the funnest times of my life. I lived about 2 miles from my favorite stream/lake inlet, 1 mile from work, I had a jon boat, a motorcycle, my jeep, my dog and that was all I needed! It was a lot of fun as it forced me to go outdoors and DO something if I wanted to have fun.

I woke up one morning in February, rolled onto my back and opened my eyes to find my ceiling 2 inches from my face. I slithered out of bed and found that a huge (for North Texas) snowstorm had rolled through and it was weighing the canvas down. The insulation and the heat was horrible, and was run off propane tanks that I would have to change at 3am in 20 degree weather on occasion, sharing body heat with my Pit was a necessity Tornadoes/thunderstorms were pretty scary too.

Surprisingly, women (especially cougars), didn't seem to have any problem with it and rather enjoyed hanging out. I remember after an early morning date walking outside afterward and my neighbors giggling at me, lol. The way the "rooms" extended out from the wheelbase made for plenty of rocking.

Even as a very happily married family dude, there are times when I feel a longing for that type of lifestyle, it was a blast.

1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I lived in a camper even smaller than that for around a year. It was definitely one of the funnest times of my life. I lived about 2 miles from my favorite stream/lake inlet, 1 mile from work, I had a jon boat, a motorcycle, my jeep, my dog and that was all I needed! It was a lot of fun as it forced me to go outdoors and DO something if I wanted to have fun.

I woke up one morning in February, rolled onto my back and opened my eyes to find my ceiling 2 inches from my face. I slithered out of bed and found that a huge (for North Texas) snowstorm had rolled through and it was weighing the canvas down. The insulation and the heat was horrible, and was run off propane tanks that I would have to change at 3am in 20 degree weather on occasion, sharing body heat with my Pit was a necessity Tornadoes/thunderstorms were pretty scary too.

Surprisingly, women (especially cougars), didn't seem to have any problem with it and rather enjoyed hanging out. I remember after an early morning date walking outside afterward and my neighbors giggling at me, lol. The way the "rooms" extended out from the wheelbase made for plenty of rocking.

Even as a very happily married family dude, there are times when I feel a longing for that type of lifestyle, it was a blast.

Ha I lived in a camper for about 6 months when I first came home. It was Spring/Summer and I had a blast!!! Of course I was in my 20s...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
t-homo
WSB Champion

That's pretty awesome. Not something I want to do for a while though.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #9
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I've never lived in a "big" house. Hell my dad built a metal building and lives in it. It looks like a metal barn on the outside and a house on the inside. Two bedrooms, a big living room/kitchen, and 1 bathroom. His "attic" storage is above the rooms and bathroom and blocked them off.

I really got a good laugh in that one thread where I mentioned what the price range houses I was looking at and someone commented on it, "people that give up their dreams move to texas." It's amazing how much stuff people "think" they need or how big or how much of it they to live life.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #10
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

But what is big? To me average is 1200 sq ft

Run Amsoil Product