Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-17-2008, 01:52 AM   #1
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...
Default Who's got a zombie plan?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkaxjymbfS0

I actually do have a zombie plan...

First and foremost, a home base. It's gotta be somewhere that offers supplies, but is semi remotely located... like a WalMart outside of town. WalMart is perfect cause it has everything... Ammo, food... all the essentials for surviving the zombie apocalypse.

I have not created an actual plan yet since I moved to FL, but when I was in OH the first stop was Iron Pony... Gotta get leathers... Full leathers can protect you in the event of being overwhelmed by zombies... they won't be able to bite you through the leather... Obviously some areas will be open, but it's better than nothing... I gotta get two sets... one for now, one for later cause inevitably I will lose a bunch of weight from lack of nutrition and constantly fighting off hoards of the undead.

The next stage was to steal a large truck and hold up in the WalMart just outside of town to let everything even out... The people who are going to survive will rise to the top within the first couple days, from there things should be fairly predictable and missions to venture out and explore can be planned with relative accuracy...

From there it's sorta like I Am Legend in that I'll be moving about to search for survivors for the first few weeks. After that, the likelihood that I find anyone living will be slim to none. At the one month mark I make my move to a more remote location that's still within a reasonable distance from supply sources for ammo and some food (hunting will become the main source)...

A few things to ponder that must be taken into consideration... First off, long distance travel must be done fairly early on. Gasoline goes bad after 3-5 months, so beyond that you're not going anywhere. Subsequently, supply lines must be kept within a reasonable distance as runs will be made on foot. Stockpiles are an absolute must to minimize the need for risky supply runs. Defense, aka ammo, is the number one thing you must have at all times... not only does it save your ass from flesh eating corpses, but it also provides a source of food through hunting. Also, all electronic devices will be rendered useless within the same time period that all the petrol goes bad... Communication must be done early and often to find other survivors within that time period. And play the shit out of that PS3 during that time cause you'll never be able to again...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:50 AM   #2
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Here... uh... I'd be fucked...

in the states... my plan would be very similar to yours... (though I am gonna jack the idea of full leathers)

after about a month or so... I'd hijack the nearest Uhaul Truck get a good supply of that amo and weapons... and grab enough food to last a month or more... (read LOTS OF CANNED SOUP AND ROMIN NOODLES) load up on fresh water too...

once done with that... haul ass for Eastern Oregon. I know that country well and have hunted there many years. I know where the small towns are and where the ranchers houses are. I also know of a few wells that are on the rancher's property... out in the middle of no where... hundreds of miles from anything. game is plentiful. and all the local towns keep insane amounts of amo... as they're all hunting towns.

There are several places where people park their RV's when they're not using them (live in portland 300miles away) and finding a tow vehicle would not be hard... move the trailer out by the well... next... barrow some of the back hoes and cat's that are ALWAYS working on the log'n roads... and create large mounds of earth to hide the light from my trailer as not to attract any wandering zombies.

this of course is not a final draft as I drew it up in oh... the last 2 minutes while reading your post
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #3
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

"Brian, I want brian..."

I really dont have a set zombie plan. Ill probably just go down the road to my friends house and hang out. He has somewhere around like 16 guns so we would have more than enough firepower to fend off the zombies. I think I would then take the liberty of jacking a large truck in order to put all the guns and supplies, then raid a gun shop for ammo and more guns. Afterwards I would high tail it to the training grounds here where they train army guys. There I would take a couple tanks and what else they have there. That would be my main hideaway until i came up with another plan. Oh yeah, and I would have to touch on here with the survivors on here and use TWF for my zombie blog
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #4
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
"Brian, I want brian..."

I really dont have a set zombie plan. Ill probably just go down the road to my friends house and hang out. He has somewhere around like 16 guns so we would have more than enough firepower to fend off the zombies. I think I would then take the liberty of jacking a large truck in order to put all the guns and supplies, then raid a gun shop for ammo and more guns. Afterwards I would high tail it to the training grounds here where they train army guys. There I would take a couple tanks and what else they have there. That would be my main hideaway until i came up with another plan. Oh yeah, and I would have to touch on here with the survivors on here and use TWF for my zombie blog
Zombie survival blog FTW! Excellent idea!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #5
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Zombie survival blog FTW! Excellent idea!
See Im thinking ahead so that we can all plan and meet up to create a bike riding, zombie fighting army
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

well we have to think about what kind of zombies we are facing? are these dawn of the dead or 28 weeks later zombies? cause those fuckers can move. In that case, i'm pretty sure i'd be fucked. Best bet for survival would be elevation. The walmart idea would be sweet, but its a big area you'd have to secure. Lots of glass doors, and you KNOW they get through those glass doors...

So to expound on that idea, a wal-mart in the ghetto that is NOT a 24/7 facility would be best. They have those metal gates that pull down.... then sit on the roof and target practice until either A the army comes, or B the corpes pile up so high they eventually can reach the roof and eat your brains.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

You will need generators for anything electrical. Cause in the event of a zombie hoarde, I am not staying at work to keep your lights on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
well we have to think about what kind of zombies we are facing? are these dawn of the dead or 28 weeks later zombies? cause those fuckers can move. In that case, i'm pretty sure i'd be fucked. Best bet for survival would be elevation. The walmart idea would be sweet, but its a big area you'd have to secure. Lots of glass doors, and you KNOW they get through those glass doors...

So to expound on that idea, a wal-mart in the ghetto that is NOT a 24/7 facility would be best. They have those metal gates that pull down.... then sit on the roof and target practice until either A the army comes, or B the corpes pile up so high they eventually can reach the roof and eat your brains.
Yeah, Romero style zombies would be much easier to handle... Honestly though, I'd say the fast type would be much more likely...

Really the Walmart wouldn't be that hard to secure... You really only have the front doors and a service door or two in the rear. Plus, that glass is safety glass so the odds of the zombies being able to break through is very small... Then again, Romero style zombies had the ability to learn to use tools... Oh, and even the 24/7 WalMarts have locks on their doors... I do agree though, a WalMart out in the middle of nowhere would be best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You will need generators for anything electrical. Cause in the event of a zombie hoarde, I am not staying at work to keep your lights on.
Gasoline goes bad within 6 months... therefore, generators are very low on my list of requirements...
Old 04-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

rvb ftmfw i love that shit
my plan:
ammunition, and lots of it
really no where to go from oh or tn thats that seculeded so just shoot as many of those fuckers as i can and go out in a blaze of glory

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #10
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
rvb ftmfw i love that shit
my plan:
ammunition, and lots of it
really no where to go from oh or tn thats that seculeded so just shoot as many of those fuckers as i can and go out in a blaze of glory
always be sure to save one bullet for yourself.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote