Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   What do you drive? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17261)

Apoc 12-03-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple (Post 429633)
Send me $40K and I'll pick it up / deliver it for you.

Promise.

You missed two important parts.

1. I dont have 40K.

2. I wouldnt let you drive a bicycle.

Apoc 12-03-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple (Post 429636)
Fortunatetly for us, the Viper has four wheels.

I wouldnt give you a big wheel or a barbie car either.

Tmall 12-03-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 429588)
Currently im driving an '06 Impala. Looking to trade that for an older 4x4 truck, and since im finally going back to work in 2 weeks, im planning on selling the bike and buying a 4 wheeled coffin. '96-'99 vipers (Both the GTS and RT10) are going for around 25k (+-3k) (cdn), with very low mileage up here, and I want one, bad.

With the way you drive, I'd buy something with a forged steel body, not fibreglass.. :lol

Apoc 12-03-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 429711)
With the way you drive, I'd buy something with a forged steel body, not fibreglass.. :lol

Ya, well, your not having fun if your not smashing anything...

101lifts2 12-03-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 429593)

Love the 2door Volvo 240GL.

Dave 12-03-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 429831)

those can be monsters. seriously.

Porkchop 12-04-2010 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 429493)
03. It's having problems, I absolutely abuse it and it's all caught up with it. Looking at an 05+ Titan or 09+ Ram. Very versatile truck, does the work of a much larger truck without needing the giant parking spaces.

Lol, well any vehicle will have problems if you abuse it.

I think I decided im going with a truck for my next vehicle. Its still up in the air whether I want the Avalanche, the Ram 1500, or the newer Tundra. My neighbor has an 05 or 06 Titan in the metalic maroon color. He absolutely loves it. I am waiting to see if they update here in the next year or so, its getting a little long in the tooth....

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 429504)
It's a decent boat/toy for the $$ and we really enjoy it but it's sure no Cigarette boat for sure. :lol:

Those cigarette boats are awesome, but so finicky. We have a lakehouse on Erie and a bunch of our neighbors have them. One of the more famous ones around the great lakes is JAWS. It is acually in the next channel over from us. If it means anything.... the lift that it sits on costs $240,000. Yea. :panic: There is another in the channel that is jet engine propelled. When it warms up it sounds like an F16 sitting on the tarmac, hazing jet fumes and all. There is nothing else like it when it takes off. I heard these two tangled on the water one time and they got up to about 140mph and then JAWS walked right away. I also heard the jet one goes to Detroit often, takes him just about a half hour. :panic:

I rode on one of the #1 Cigarette boats once. The guy was working out an engine kink and some new props. 95mph scared the ever living fuck out of me. This coming from a guy who did 85 the first time he was on a motorcycle. At one point we did a banked 180 degree turn so fast at such an angle i could have put my hand out and touched the water. We stopped out in the middle of the water and he opened the back end to check the oil consistency, 2 big ole monster V8s. All he said was "Eh..... still not right. These damn new props have me down 8-9mph. We'll get it fixed though...." :lol: Wayyyy too fast on water, im used to the pace in this.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7074/dsc049860.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5699/dsc04987gf.jpg

Apoc 12-04-2010 09:50 AM

A surgeon about a half hour from here has a $750k Cigar boat. I've never been on it (or within a hundred feet of it), but that thing is the meanest looking boat i've ever seen. He traded his sailboat on it (that was another huge, beautiful boat) 2 summers ago.

Nice days in june/july/august, him and his friends like to race around Herron Island (about a mile long), and the sound that comes from them is nothing short of earth shattering.

I dont know the guy, never talked to him, but I do know a student who works at his marina that said a 1300$ fillup lasts him less then 4 hours.

Porkchop 12-04-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 429876)
A surgeon about a half hour from here has a $750k Cigar boat. I've never been on it (or within a hundred feet of it), but that thing is the meanest looking boat i've ever seen. He traded his sailboat on it (that was another huge, beautiful boat) 2 summers ago.

Nice days in june/july/august, him and his friends like to race around Herron Island (about a mile long), and the sound that comes from them is nothing short of earth shattering.

I dont know the guy, never talked to him, but I do know a student who works at his marina that said a 1300$ fillup lasts him less then 4 hours.

Oh, no doubt. On the Sea Ray it takes about that much to fill up one of the two tanks. BUT, filling both tanks will last half a summer at the rate that the boat is used. The Sea Ray pictured has 2 Caterpiller turbo deisels. So they sip fuel a little better than a gas running Cig boat. I don't want to know how much fuel Mike's boat uses, i'd probably shit a brick. Because he runs his almost every week.

Apoc 12-04-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 429887)
Oh, no doubt. On the Sea Ray it takes about that much to fill up one of the two tanks. BUT, filling both tanks will last half a summer at the rate that the boat is used. The Sea Ray pictured has 2 Caterpiller turbo deisels. So they sip fuel a little better than a gas running Cig boat. I don't want to know how much fuel Mike's boat uses, i'd probably shit a brick. Because he runs his almost every week.

Im no thief, but if I was gonna steal a vehicle/toy for a night, I think that would be the one.

But.. Only because i'd have an Enzo wrecked within blocks.

z06boy 12-07-2010 09:10 AM

Nice vessals !! Wish I could afford something like that...man I love boats like that !! :rockout:

I can only imagine what's all around the Great Lakes...I mean there are some nice boats on Lake Norman here and although it's a decent size for a lake it's still just a pond or even a puddle compared to that. :lol:

Now when visiting Ft. Lauderdale/Miami...OMG !!!!!! *drool*

z06boy 12-07-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 429831)

Good catch !! :cheers:

Anybody notice the engine in the yellow Cobra (replica) ?

CasterTroy 12-07-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 430338)
Anybody notice the engine in the yellow Cobra (replica) ?

Old Skool 5.0?

z06boy 12-07-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 430343)
Old Skool 5.0?

Yep...if I remember correctly it was a Factory Five Racing replica.

http://www.factoryfive.com/

There were several more there that day that had bigger engines but I'm pretty sure all of them were one type replica or another and no originals.

Of course that's not surprising when you look at what originals are going for these days...GEEZ !!

TommyHotWheel 12-08-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 430343)
Old Skool 5.0?

Real old school 5.0 runs a 580 Holley carb...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...g?t=1291842972

My daily driver is a 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited and the wife has a 2001 Honda Accord.

wildchild 12-09-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 430337)
Nice vessals !! Wish I could afford something like that...man I love boats like that !! :rockout:

I can only imagine what's all around the Great Lakes...I mean there are some nice boats on Lake Norman here and although it's a decent size for a lake it's still just a pond or even a puddle compared to that. :lol:

I visit my dad by 10,000 islands in florida. man some very nice boats going through there. lots of eye candy on the decks to.

z06boy 12-09-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildchild (Post 431046)
I visit my dad by 10,000 islands in florida. man some very nice boats going through there. lots of eye candy on the decks to.

I'm hearing the theme song from Miami Vice in my head right about now just thinking about stuff like that. :lol: :cheers:

wildchild 12-09-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 431048)
I'm hearing the theme song from Miami Vice in my head right about now just thinking about stuff like that. :lol: :cheers:

I hear you. I used to go down every year to visit him, now days seems I'm always swamped and haven't been in a few years. I have to find time soon.
I don't know what is more impressive the eye candy on the boats or the sound of the engines as they idle by. he lives just close enough to open water you can hear it when they leave the "channel" and open 'em up. OMG!!!!
I'm hoping to step up to something in the 21-23 foot range next year but I'd love to score just a ride on one of those cigarettes one day.

quackPOT 12-09-2010 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I drive a 2009 Scion xB

quackPOT 12-09-2010 01:43 PM

Yeah true, but my wheels are better :D

CasterTroy 12-09-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quackPOT (Post 431075)
I drive a 2009 Scion xB

Dude I like that A LOT! :rockwoot:

Gas Man 12-09-2010 02:16 PM

I like the Toasters... but I think I like the older square one more.

quackPOT 12-09-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 431119)
I like the Toasters... but I think I like the older square one more.

I had a 2006 Gen 1 for about 25k miles. It was great. But, some dude wasn't paying attention in traffic and rammed me, totalling my poor little toaster oven.

z06boy 12-09-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quackPOT (Post 431125)
I had a 2006 Gen 1 for about 25k miles. It was great. But, some dude wasn't paying attention in traffic and rammed me, totalling my poor little toaster oven.

Well I just saw the picture and immediately was going to post..."You're probably going to get cracked on about aerodynamics but..." :rofl: :rofl: Too late I guess.

I had a Jeep Cherokee Sport which is about like a brick in the wind and my Liberty isn't much better. :lol:

I've never driven one but just from seeing them around...cool looking little ride man. :cheers:

wildchild 12-09-2010 03:08 PM

my better half wanted the Gen I version but wound up with the HHR instead. I can't say shit about aerodynamics I have a Wrangler. LOL

Gas Man 12-09-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quackPOT (Post 431125)

Yeah that is sad, especially when you know you can't replace it with the same thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildchild (Post 431157)
my better half wanted the Gen I version but wound up with the HHR instead. I can't say shit about aerodynamics I have a Wrangler. LOL

I love my HHRSS. But I'm worried how the 290hp/390tq is going to be in the snow.

wildchild 12-09-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 431158)
I love my HHRSS. But I'm worried how the 290hp/390tq is going to be in the snow.

should bring new meaning to the words EASY!!! when applying throttle. the non nascar version seems to do pretty well in the snow, although she does tend to steal my truck on the really bad days.

quackPOT 12-09-2010 03:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a before/after of my Gen 1 xB, may it Rust in Peace...

I had slowed to about 5MPH, to yield to a LEO with his lights on, but the dude behind me in a Dodge Ram P/U was chatting to his passenger and didn't see the LEO or me. He hit me doing about 30ish MPH.

caveman 12-09-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quackPOT (Post 431169)

I had slowed to about 5MPH, to yield to a LEO with his lights on, but the dude behind me in a Dodge Ram P/U was chatting to his passenger and didn't see the LEO or me. He hit me doing about 30ish MPH.

and that totalled it? Well, thats why I don't buy roller skates to drive on the road.:dvrofl:

quackPOT 12-09-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caveman (Post 431172)
and that totalled it? Well, thats why I don't buy roller skates to drive on the road.:dvrofl:

Yeah, I was a bit surprised when they totalled it. The guy pushed the trunk into the rear passenger bench area. Good thing I had no one back there, especially on the passenger side, they would have been hurt pretty bad I think.

OneSickPsycho 12-09-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by quackPOT (Post 431176)
Yeah, I was a bit surprised when they totalled it. The guy pushed the trunk into the rear passenger bench area. Good thing I had no one back there, especially on the passenger side, they would have been hurt pretty bad I think.

Unibody construction... safer, but are totalled way easier...

Particle Man 12-09-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 431177)

the fact that the back got pushed into the passenger seating area (where child carseats reside) doesn't really seem to support the "safer" theory...

OneSickPsycho 12-09-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 431182)
the fact that the back got pushed into the passenger seating area (where child carseats reside) doesn't really seem to support the "safer" theory...

4,500lbs at 30mph plus the height difference... but if you ran the fucker into a wall it'd be safer than a non-unibody!

101lifts2 12-09-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

That thing actually does look like a roller skate. redflip

Porkchop 12-09-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 430337)

Are you talking about mine or the cigs I was talking about? (Well, not mine but...:lol:) Its older than you think it is, but i guess boats dont age like other vehicles do. I have been thinking about getting my own soon, but I hear they are giant money pits.

The great lakes are great. Whats amazing is they are all different. Temp, depth, fish.

Gas Man 12-09-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildchild (Post 431167)
should bring new meaning to the words EASY!!! when applying throttle. the non nascar version seems to do pretty well in the snow, although she does tend to steal my truck on the really bad days.

That is the truth. I have no noticed today that even the salt provides just enough "something" under the tires... Get it rolling, halfway thru the intersection, more throttle... spin em up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple (Post 431168)
390 lb-ft? What have you done to it?

Factory rating is 250 hp / 260 lb-ft with the 5-speed (222 lb-ft w/ the auto).

It's doing about 20# of boost with the Stage 1 upgrade. Even with the limited slip diff in the front end, it's an F'in handfull. Torque steer all over the place. You need to have a good grip on the steering wheel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 431177)

Exactly. Todays cars are basically self sacrificing.

Particle... that is what I'm talking about. Nice toaster. I always liked them. They look so sick if you bag em. Of coarse, what doesn't right?!?

101lifts2 12-10-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 431263)
That is the truth. I have no noticed today that even the salt provides just enough "something" under the tires... Get it rolling, halfway thru the intersection, more throttle... spin em up!

It's doing about 20# of boost with the Stage 1 upgrade. ....

Is that PSIA or PSIG boost?

Hydrant 12-10-2010 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 431251)
Are you talking about mine or the cigs I was talking about? (Well, not mine but...:lol:) Its older than you think it is, but i guess boats dont age like other vehicles do. I have been thinking about getting my own soon, but I hear they are giant money pits.

The great lakes are great. Whats amazing is they are all different. Temp, depth, fish.

They are money pits. Between tune ups, outdrive work, trailer tires, life jackets, tubes, ski ropes, ski's, wakeboards, competition slalom ski's, and the great thing called gas. My boat holds 55 gallons. They are great, but if you get one, go find one thats about 5 years old that some family never uses anymore.

Here is what I currently have. A 22' open bow Sea Ray, with a 350 Chevy motor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/103_0374.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/103_0389.jpg

But I'm saving my pennies for either this houseboat. ( I took these a couple years ago at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...7/DSC00181.jpg

Or one of these 3 Outerlimit's. Each one is over $1,000,000

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...8/DSC00339.jpg

z06boy 12-10-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 431251)

The cigs. Although the other boat you posted a pic of is an awesome boat too no doubt.:rockout:

Gas Man 12-10-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 431284)

Good question. Not sure. Will need to ask. I'm going off my boost gauge in the dash.

Porkchop 12-10-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrant (Post 431291)
They are money pits. Between tune ups, outdrive work, trailer tires, life jackets, tubes, ski ropes, ski's, wakeboards, competition slalom ski's, and the great thing called gas. My boat holds 55 gallons. They are great, but if you get one, go find one thats about 5 years old that some family never uses anymore.

Here is what I currently have. A 22' open bow Sea Ray, with a 350 Chevy motor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/103_0374.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/103_0389.jpg

But I'm saving my pennies for either this houseboat. ( I took these a couple years ago at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...7/DSC00181.jpg

Or one of these 3 Outerlimit's. Each one is over $1,000,000

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...8/DSC00339.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That houseboat wasn't expensive or cool enough with ONE helecopter... so they added 3.... Just wow. Those outer limiters are nuts. If I get a chance next spring I'll get some pics of the ones at the lake.

Nice boat though. :rockwoot: Thats kinda what im looking for. My neighbor has an awesome little boat. I forget what brand.

Hydrant 12-10-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 431508)

That houseboat wasn't expensive or cool enough with ONE helecopter... so they added 3.... Just wow. Those outer limiters are nuts. If I get a chance next spring I'll get some pics of the ones at the lake.

Nice boat though. :rockwoot: Thats kinda what im looking for. My neighbor has an awesome little boat. I forget what brand.

I've got a pic somewhere with 4 helicopters on that boat. My uncle has a boat in the same marina as that houseboat, and from what he tells me, is that the owner lives in Florida. He will fly his personal plane to either the Lexington or Somerset airport, then take the helicopter to the houseboat.

I've gone to the Lake Cumberland Poker Run every year (except this past summer) since 98 so I have quite a few pics of various power boats. I love it, love being around the noise and the speed of those. Fastest I've been on a boat was about 125-130 ish on a 38' Skater Catamaran.

Adeptus_Minor 12-11-2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 431508)

That houseboat wasn't expensive or cool enough with ONE helecopter... so they added 3.... Just wow.

The owner and friends probably go up and have mock dogfights... or fly around the lake and snipe people with paintball guns. :lol:
What else would you do with three mini-copters like that?

Porkchop 12-11-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 431543)
The owner and friends probably go up and have mock dogfights... or fly around the lake and snipe people with paintball guns. :lol:
What else would you do with three mini-copters like that?

I can think of too many things to go wrong in that scenario...

"Oh shit, Steve's going down. Steve's going down!" *splash*:lol:

Adeptus_Minor 12-11-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 431662)
I can think of too many things to go wrong in that scenario...

"Oh shit, Steve's going down. Steve's going down!" *splash*:lol:

That'd only be funny if Steve was in...

Wait for it...

CHOPPER 4!!!

TommyHotWheel 12-12-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrant (Post 431527)
I've got a pic somewhere with 4 helicopters on that boat. My uncle has a boat in the same marina as that houseboat, and from what he tells me, is that the owner lives in Florida. He will fly his personal plane to either the Lexington or Somerset airport, then take the helicopter to the houseboat.

I've gone to the Lake Cumberland Poker Run every year (except this past summer) since 98 so I have quite a few pics of various power boats. I love it, love being around the noise and the speed of those. Fastest I've been on a boat was about 125-130 ish on a 38' Skater Catamaran.

I would love to see some of those boats.

Porkchop 12-12-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 431142)
I had a Jeep Cherokee Sport which is about like a brick in the wind and my Liberty isn't much better. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildchild (Post 431157)
I can't say shit about aerodynamics I have a Wrangler. LOL

We have family friends who owns 3 Jeeps. 2 four door Wrangler Unlimited Xs, and one Grand Cherokee SRT8. The Grand Cherokee is like an aerodynamic god compared to the Wranglers. And it rides hella better. Me and a buddy drove one of the Wranglers from the guys Florida house back to Ohio. Those things are so flighty on the highway. Is almost scary.

HurricaneHeather 12-13-2010 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quackPOT (Post 431169)

Poor thing. :(

How do you like the Gen II compared to I? I got mine in 04 and now have 140K on it. We've done nothing but maintenance on it up until this last weekend. The water pump's got a leak, so we have to replace that. I love that stupid thing, but we need to upgrade. I prefer the look of the old one to the new, but at the price I'd consider getting a new one.

wildchild 12-13-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 431864)
We have family friends who owns 3 Jeeps. 2 four door Wrangler Unlimited Xs, and one Grand Cherokee SRT8. The Grand Cherokee is like an aerodynamic god compared to the Wranglers. And it rides hella better. Me and a buddy drove one of the Wranglers from the guys Florida house back to Ohio. Those things are so flighty on the highway. Is almost scary.

it's an acquired taste on the highway. LOL you get used to it although I wouldn't want to travel in it. 50 miles one way to work is enough.

Porkchop 12-13-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildchild (Post 431956)
it's an acquired taste on the highway. LOL you get used to it although I wouldn't want to travel in it. 50 miles one way to work is enough.

Haha, aquired taste like a fine wine? No thanks. We drove through the tennessee mountains during a torrental downpour with winds. I though the damn thing was going to catch air on us. :lol: Now you couldnt beat it while we were in florida. Roof back, 4 doors off, rolling to the beach.

z06boy 12-14-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 431864)

:lol: Yea my Liberty is actually pretty decent on the highway. My older Cherokee wasn't bad either. I've never driven a Wrangler so I can't speak for that. The Grand Cherokee is definitely more aerodynamic.

Ther SRT8 is badazz BUT I'd probably take the Trailblazer SS over it because for one...you can put a trailer hitch on the SS but with the center exit exhaust on the SRT I don't see how you could haul anything....except azz. :rofl:

quackPOT 12-14-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 431918)
Poor thing. :(

How do you like the Gen II compared to I? I got mine in 04 and now have 140K on it. We've done nothing but maintenance on it up until this last weekend. The water pump's got a leak, so we have to replace that. I love that stupid thing, but we need to upgrade. I prefer the look of the old one to the new, but at the price I'd consider getting a new one.

I like the Gen II in that is feels more like a real car and less like a pizza box. Don't get me wrong the original xB is a great little car. The Gen II is all the nice things (except fuel economy) the original was, but faster, and it has a little more space inside. I'm glad I made the upgrade.

Porkchop 12-14-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 432262)
:lol: Yea my Liberty is actually pretty decent on the highway. My older Cherokee wasn't bad either. I've never driven a Wrangler so I can't speak for that. The Grand Cherokee is definitely more aerodynamic.

Ther SRT8 is badazz BUT I'd probably take the Trailblazer SS over it because for one...you can put a trailer hitch on the SS but with the center exit exhaust on the SRT I don't see how you could haul anything....except azz. :rofl:

Because that's all you should be hauling when you buy something like that. :lol: the thing is loaded. Almost more so than the 300c SRT8 that he owned.

Cutty72 12-14-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 432262)

The $850 reciever hitch kit that Jeep offers for it relocates the exhaust to side exit, and gives you a 5,000 lb tow rating.

And yes, I did actually install one for a guy. Had to get his jet ski's to the lake somehow!

t-homo 12-14-2010 11:26 PM

Damn, you guys are lucky. Lake of the Ozarks you have to have a 30 foot boat just to survive. I've seen a few of those catamarans blazing through the main channel with a probably 150 foot rooster tail behind em.

CasterTroy 12-15-2010 07:40 AM

Seeing the talk about the hitch kit for the SR8 made me remember this comment by Randy

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 429400)
the Liberty I bought has a 5,000 lb. towing capacity

Then remember a liberty incident a few months ago.

When I went to FL to pick up the GSXR I rode down with a buddy of mine. He was driving and we were just rollin down 95 when we started to pass a Liberty pulling a pop-up camper. It was a pretty BIG pop-up for one that collapsed. I thought to myself it's the biggest one I'd seen. My next thought was "man that Liberty is squatted down pretty low, I wonder what kinda tow rating those things have"?

About that time, we're RIGHT next to this setup going about 80 when, AS I'M LOOKING AT the rear end of this liberty squatted, the back two bolts securing the Class III hitch snap from the frame of this Liberty and the whole tow bar setup hinges down to the ground in a blaze of glory and sparks :tremble:

Jason looks over and pegs the throttle to get outta there and I look back to see the guy safely pull it off the road with the pop-up following it with it's tongue planted on the ground.

Weirdest thing I'd ever witnessed THAT close.

z06boy 12-15-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 432514)
Seeing the talk about the hitch kit for the SR8 made me remember this comment by Randy

Then remember a liberty incident a few months ago.

When I went to FL to pick up the GSXR I rode down with a buddy of mine. He was driving and we were just rollin down 95 when we started to pass a Liberty pulling a pop-up camper. It was a pretty BIG pop-up for one that collapsed. I thought to myself it's the biggest one I'd seen. My next thought was "man that Liberty is squatted down pretty low, I wonder what kinda tow rating those things have"?

About that time, we're RIGHT next to this setup going about 80 when, AS I'M LOOKING AT the rear end of this liberty squatted, the back two bolts securing the Class III hitch snap from the frame of this Liberty and the whole tow bar setup hinges down to the ground in a blaze of glory and sparks :tremble:

Jason looks over and pegs the throttle to get outta there and I look back to see the guy safely pull it off the road with the pop-up following it with it's tongue planted on the ground.

Weirdest thing I'd ever witnessed THAT close.

Wow that had to be a trip to see and even more of a trip for the owner of that rig !! I know some of the Liberty's are rated at 3500 and some at 5000. I would never plan on pushing the limit on any vehicle to be honest. I wonder if it was installed on the vehicle from the factory or some DIY yo yo just bought one...grabbed his drill and didn't really install it properly ?

Mine is rated for 5,000 but of course that is MAX. I almost never pull a trailer except maybe an enclosed trailer now and then with our two bikes which isn't that much. I don't haul my boat around BUT if I wanted to 'every now and then for a short distance' I'm pretty sure I could without too much concern. I would not have bought a Liberty if I had plans to haul it very often or very far though. Since it has the tow package it also has a higher capacity cooling system...power steering cooler...and a anti trailer sway feature and a 'tow mode' setting for the transmission.

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-homo (Post 432488)
Damn, you guys are lucky. Lake of the Ozarks you have to have a 30 foot boat just to survive. I've seen a few of those catamarans blazing through the main channel with a probably 150 foot rooster tail behind em.

We have some friends that live in Columbus, Mo. that have a cabin on Lake of the Ozarks that have invited us out so we hope to make it this coming season...heard some good stuff about that place. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 432445)
The $850 reciever hitch kit that Jeep offers for it relocates the exhaust to side exit, and gives you a 5,000 lb tow rating.

And yes, I did actually install one for a guy. Had to get his jet ski's to the lake somehow!

Good to know...I wasn't aware of this. Now I wouldn't immediately run for the SS when comparing them. :lol: I like the ability to tow a motorcycle trailer if I choose too. :cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 432398)
Because that's all you should be hauling when you buy something like that. :lol: the thing is loaded. Almost more so than the 300c SRT8 that he owned.

:lol: Well most of the time anyways...see above...I want the option to tow a motorcycle trailer. :yes:

Yea I've driven the 300 SRT8 as well as several other SRT's including the Viper at a driving school...fun stuff !!! :rockwoot:

Gas Man 12-15-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 431284)

For BOOST on my model the Tech2 shows PSIa. The gauge, PSIg. I reported gauge psi about 20psi. It use to do 23 or so. I need to have the dealer check the waste gate...

dReWpY 12-15-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 432595)
For BOOST on my model the Tech2 shows PSIa. The gauge, PSIg. I reported gauge psi about 20psi. It use to do 23 or so. I need to have the dealer check the waste gate...

welcome to owning a turbo...

dReWpY 12-15-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 431158)
Yeah that is sad, especially when you know you can't replace it with the same thing.

have u dynoed it yet?

Gas Man 12-18-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 432740)
welcome to owning a turbo...

I like it. However it's not without questions.

Like, prior to inproperly installed #2 piston ring eating the motor, and GM putting in a whole new motor. The turbo was making about 23psig. Replaced the motor, rinsed out the turbo bearing, and bolted it back to the new motor. New motor only makes 20psig. I made them test it for a week. They found nothing and could only come up with, maybe the old motor, while eating oil faster than all hell, created more boost. Any insights?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 432741)
have u dynoed it yet?

Nope... eventually... though I had 31XX miles on it when the motor went puht. Now I only have 55XX miles on the car. Not even 3k on the new motor.

My drag buds want me to go to the strip with it next year. I may... use the fancy launch control.

squidward 12-22-2010 02:40 AM

2009 Silverado LTZ extended cab 4wd with the 6.0L L76 and 6-spd auto. 20k trouble free miles. Averaging about 19mpg now. Only mod is window tint since this picture.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...newwhip001.jpg

2009 VW GTI with DSG tranny. 40k trouble free miles. Averaging just over 30mpg now. Just like the Silverado, the only mod is window tint since this picture.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...W/HPIM2811.jpg

Particle Man 12-22-2010 07:25 AM

Squid, what happened to the Avalanche?

neebelung 12-22-2010 08:29 AM

No pics handy, but:

Me - 2007 WRX Wagon
Him - 2004 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner

We definitely drank the Subie kool-aid... I can't tell you how much we love that car. :lol:

Rider 12-22-2010 09:13 AM

2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer and the 1997 Maxima. Looking to replace the Maxima with either an Audi A4 or A6 or a Subie of some kind. With the longer commute to work now I want something that is AWD with decent MPG.

squidward 12-22-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 435102)
Squid, what happened to the Avalanche?

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10037

dReWpY 12-22-2010 11:46 PM

Ebs?The sbuie koolaide is great when served properly..
You on NASIOc neebs

101lifts2 12-23-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 432595)

I've read 22psi above ATM is the highest achieved...which is really alot of boost for a gaser.

dReWpY 12-23-2010 02:11 AM

im pushing 21-22 and im running the ragged edge of big turbo...

dReWpY 12-23-2010 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 435516)
im pushing 21-22 and im running the ragged edge of big turbo...

correction, the turbo has more, my set up isnt ready for it yet

Gas Man 12-23-2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 435510)
I've read 22psi above ATM is the highest achieved...which is really alot of boost for a gaser.

Can you explain this? What do you mean ATM?

derf 12-23-2010 11:48 AM

I managed to fit a ton worth of driveway stone in my half ton truck this week. I couldnt make it into the driveway because I would hit the hitch on the sidewalk, had to shovel some out to get in.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._8223970_n.jpg

neebelung 12-23-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 435497)
Ebs?The sbuie koolaide is great when served properly..
You on NASIOc neebs

Heh heh heh... You drank it, too? :lol:

Oh yeah - same screenname. I haven't been on there in ages (I neglected it just as much as my other forums this past year). I don't venture out of the southeast area much, though our local guys (known as JMS - Jax Mod Squad on there) are great. Good local Subie peeps.

acalliste 12-23-2010 01:27 PM

Neebs! :luvu:

neebelung 12-23-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acalliste (Post 435628)
Neebs! :luvu:

HI!!!!!! :hug:

LeeNetworX 12-30-2010 08:10 AM

Me: '04 Xterra SE supercharged
Wife: '07 Altima SE 3.5 V6 6-speed manual

Krypt Keeper 01-02-2011 10:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Commuter car 07' Charger 3.5l V6 Couldn't see buying a Hemi to use as a daily driver, but enjoy the comfort of this size car. 94 miles daily for work.

trash hauler/hunting truck
99' Ranger 4.0l V6 with a bunch of toys added over the years. 3 inch lift added early on in its life and been on 33X12.50's for most of its life.

Cutty72 01-02-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 435530)

Atmospheric maybe?

My 7.3 pushes about 24 at max right now, bone stock.

DLIT 01-03-2011 02:37 AM

2007 Ridgeline RTL. Hate the gas mileage, love everything else.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...472_2732-1.jpg

Homeslice 01-03-2011 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidward (Post 435091)
2009 VW GTI with DSG tranny. 40k trouble free miles. Averaging just over 30mpg now. Just like the Silverado, the only mod is window tint since this picture.

Nice.......how does it compare to the 2010/2011?

Particle Man 01-03-2011 09:06 AM

Finally got the chance to wash the cars this past weekend.

Forgive the crappy steel winter rims.

http://prtclmn001.smugmug.com/Other/...15_BFoJF-L.jpg

Gas Man 01-03-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 438514)
Atmospheric maybe?

Maybe...

D
R
E
W
P
Y
!
!
!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 438566)
2007 Ridgeline RTL. Hate the gas mileage, love everything else.

I didn't know those tail gates swung out? Do they also hinge down?

DLIT 01-03-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 438646)
Maybe...

D
R
E
W
P
Y
!
!
!

I didn't know those tail gates swung out? Do they also hinge down?

Yup.

dReWpY 01-03-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 438514)
Atmospheric maybe?

ATM is a scientific measure of pressure equivalent to about 14.6959488 pounds per square inch. Its is a measurement of how much pressure the atmosphere exerts on an object at sea level (where the pressure would be 1 atm). It is basically allowing us to convert from different elevations to a baseline so all results and measurements can be normalized.

Porkchop 01-03-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidward (Post 435091)

Nice, how do you like it? I've been looking at last years jetta with a manual. The new 2011 jettas are cheapened, downgraded, ugly, and bigger. You said its been trouble free? The VWs have ben getting a bad rap for electrical problems lately. But I transported a family friends beetle convertible and loved it (yes que the gay jokes). I think it was the fit and finish that did it for me. Just everything crisp and clean, nice features.

101lifts2 01-04-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 435530)

ATM = Atmosphere....or atmospheric pressure. If you use the scan tool, you need to subract out the BARO to get the actual boost that would be read on a needle gauge since the BARO changes based on altitude.

101lifts2 01-04-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 438720)
ATM is a scientific measure of pressure equivalent to about 14.6959488 pounds per square inch. Its is a measurement of how much pressure the atmosphere exerts on an object at sea level (where the pressure would be 1 atm). It is basically allowing us to convert from different elevations to a baseline so all results and measurements can be normalized.

Yes...above.

squidward 01-05-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 438569)
Nice.......how does it compare to the 2010/2011?

Mechanically, they are pretty identical from what I've been able to ascertain. Looks to be mostly aesthetic changes from 2009 to 2010+ models.

squidward 01-05-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 438733)
Nice, how do you like it? I've been looking at last years jetta with a manual. The new 2011 jettas are cheapened, downgraded, ugly, and bigger. You said its been trouble free? The VWs have ben getting a bad rap for electrical problems lately. But I transported a family friends beetle convertible and loved it (yes que the gay jokes). I think it was the fit and finish that did it for me. Just everything crisp and clean, nice features.

We like it enough that the two current cars in the running to replace it when the time comes are a new GTI or a new Audi A3. The hatchback configuration has been really practical for us and we just flat out enjoy driving this car. I finally have something to complain about with it though. The struts that hold the hatch open are starting to weaken and allows the wind to blow the hatch shut on me every now and then. Looks like I'll be replacing those. That said, we have used the hell out of that hatch in the little over 2 years that we've had it.

We just did a 2600 mile round trip drive to see my parents and averaged right around 30mpg with my lead foot through Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, and West Virginia as well as a bunch of rural Southeast Ohio driving. Not a hiccup one and it made for a pleasant trip.

Gas Man 01-05-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 438720)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 438873)
ATM = Atmosphere....or atmospheric pressure. If you use the scan tool, you need to subract out the BARO to get the actual boost that would be read on a needle gauge since the BARO changes based on altitude.

Fuck all that... you guys just gave me a headache.

DLIT 01-05-2011 06:13 PM

Fuck that place. Nice whip.

101lifts2 01-06-2011 02:50 AM

Sean nice Porsche....what do those things run money wise? I always thought they looked like timeless cars in that they will look good for a long long time (and mostly because Porsche makes modest design changes).

dubbs 10-03-2011 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just put a deposit down on this to replace my 1992 Honda Civic as a Daily Driver..

2012 VW GTI w/ Sunroof, Navi, & 6spd.

Should go unnoticed by the police right?

Homeslice 10-03-2011 01:25 PM

Very nice.... Can't go wrong there, although I think the wheels on those cars are a bit too large because they force you to spend big bucks on tires.

dubbs 10-03-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 492690)
Very nice.... Can't go wrong there, although I think the wheels on those cars are a bit too large because they force you to spend big bucks on tires.

Yeah.. The ones that are on it are 225/40/18 I guess it all depends on the type of rubber too. That plus needing super means it will cost a bit extra, but I bought it for the fun factor along with the practicality. At least they throw in 3 yrs maintenance for free. Not bad.

Cutty72 10-03-2011 04:31 PM

Shoulda got a diesel.

Homeslice 10-03-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 492778)
Shoulda got a diesel.

VW charges too big a premium for the TDI.

Cutty72 10-03-2011 04:55 PM

Never looked at new ones, what's the price diff?

Dave 10-03-2011 04:58 PM

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...002_111835.jpg

Got myself another Shelby z to fuck around with. $900

dubbs 10-03-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 492789)
Never looked at new ones, what's the price diff?

They start out around the same price as the GTI.

True you get 10-15 more MPG but diesel is just expensive as premium around here and you get none of the fun you get with the GTI. I contemplated MANY vehicles before getting the GTI and the golf diesel was one of em.