Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750
Talking Z1000 at last?

Well, between my friend's new Ninja 1000 and then others who have test ridden the new Kawis lately and getting me all excited (never mind teasing myself with test rides), I have new bike fever again.

Not sure if I want to trade my gsxr or not. I love my Toad and don't really want to get rid of it, but I want a bike that isn't a schizophrenic drama queen (esp now the hot weather is returning, it's going to get worse). I really want a Z1000. With a kid in college who only works part time at minimum wage and will likely need a new car soon (doubtful he will be able to get one on his own at this point), it's so hard to justify though.

I have been keeping an eye out for a good deal on a used Z1k, or any other kind of deal I can find. It seems no one who has a 2010 wants to give it up yet. And... to be honest I prefer buying new if I can.

I was checking out Kawasaki's website to torture myself some more, and noticed an ad for something they have going on right now called the Good Times Sales Event. Apparently you request a game ticket, which they mail to you, then you take it to a dealer and see what you won with the ticket. I guess the ticket has a code hidden on it, which you unlock at the dealer. That will tell what you win right away from the ticket (which could be money off a new bike - what I am shooting for), then later you bring the code back to Kawasaki's website and use that to enter a drawing to win a 250R. So I requested a ticket.

May as well give it a shot, hey, maybe I'll win a 250R! I'll ride it, I ain't skeered!

There is a $750 discount on a '10 Z1000. So maybe if I get something off with the ticket, and maybe (big MAYBE) trade the gsxr, I can pull off the purchase.

Anyone looked into this yet? Gotten a ticket? How did it work? Here's the link to it

Anyone want to buy a pyscho gsxr? Maybe I could trade it for a used car for my kid. Hmmm...
Old 04-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
Anyone looked into this yet? Gotten a ticket? How did it work? Here's the link to it

I just ordered the ticket after I read through your post, will let you know how it turns out.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

We're designing a new house to start building later this year... one of the requirements is a larger garage for more toys. One of those is on the list.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
We're designing a new house to start building later this year... one of the requirements is a larger garage for more toys. One of those is on the list.
2 car garage is an absolute must
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
2 car garage is an absolute must
2???????????????

Fuck me... minimum of a 3-car... I'd prefer a 3-car attached and a enough land to build another 3-car garage/shop.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I just ordered the ticket after I read through your post, will let you know how it turns out.

Awesome!

Yep I want a 2car garage and a larger workshop for my fleet of track and street bikes. I will have it one day!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

2 car garage and shop or 3 car garage. I absolutely hate 1 car garages.

3 car garage = 1 slot for car, 1 slot for bikes, and 1 slot for tools/work area. I'd take a 20x20 shop any day of the week.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #8
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
Awesome!

Yep I want a 2car garage and a larger workshop for my fleet of track and street bikes. I will have it one day!!!
Garages being built these days suck ass. Just enough room to barely park a pickup. No room for look chest, lawn mower, and so on.

*edit*

Dont know why it qouted you.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #9
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
2???????????????

Fuck me... minimum of a 3-car... I'd prefer a 3-car attached and a enough land to build another 3-car garage/shop.
I am in the burbs on LI, land/space is at a premium and is NOT cheap. Trust me I would love a 3 car set up and more land, but untill I get a job with a few more zeros added to my salary it wont be happening here
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #10
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

I have an oversize 2 stall, and a 1 stall in the back yard. Yeah, they are all full... need to build on another double deep stall, if I only had the cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote